I should probably buy this C-182

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

Ok, if my life was at least slightly more stable I would consider attempting to import this champ.

https://www.controller.com/listing/for- ... e-aircraft

Colonel

Pay the HST and just fly it. Your prime minister already thinks you and I are homophobic, misogynistic racists. I heard him call us that.

It is now a badge of honor to have 34 felony convictions, in case you haven't noticed, for a misdemeanor that the statute of limitations ran out years ago. I am not making this up.

Read any news about the UK recently? The government has declared war on it's citizens. Last I heard the UK police are planning on an armed invasion of Texas to arrest Elon Musk. That's an act of war. Looking forward to seeing the video footage of that.
Jamesel

David MacRay wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:20 pm
Ok, if my life was at least slightly more stable I would consider attempting to import this champ.

https://www.controller.com/listing/for- ... e-aircraft
Um, IMHO, but based on experience - a 65 HP Champ or Cub above 4000' density altitude at Gross Weight is a marginal airplane. They will struggle off the ground ok, but then sit there in Ground Effect as you wonder if you're gonna clear the trees at the end of 3,000' runway. The rate the trees grow seems to exceed your rate of climb.

75 HP makes them a reasonable airplane and they are a lot of fun when light and with 85-90 HP. Or fly solo only on cool days.
Slick Goodlin

Lotta cheap Champs for sale lately, it seems. There was one out my way with a 90 on it that could have been a real steal for an adventurous buyer. It had been badly groundlooped on the first post-restoration flight and the owner was ditching it in disgust at what had to be a massive loss.
David MacRay

Yeah?

Like how much was it?
Slick Goodlin

David MacRay wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:11 am
Yeah?

Like how much was it?
I’m sure it’s long gone now but the guy was asking $15k. It came with floats, skis, and wheels. Sell the floats to recoup the entire cost of the airplane, then sell the 90 as a core for someone else to rebuild (it had a prop strike) and stick a decent 75 on the thing. It could have been a free airplane.
David MacRay

Yes, that sounds marvellous.
Slick Goodlin

To be fair, even a free airplane will take a lot to keep.
Colonel

Pilots are funny. They try to calculate their hourly cost to prove that they will "save money" by
owning instead of renting.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhhahahaha

When people ask me how much airplanes cost, I rely "All of it". And then they will want more.
Like a gas that fills the available space, an aircraft will absorb all of your money. And it could
take more.

People keep telling me that there is no inflation

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

but prices have doubled since 2020. In some cases, more than doubled. Aircraft parts are
incredibly expensive. When you add in currency exchange to the Canadian dollar and HST,
I have no idea how Canadians afford aircraft parts.

There are many airplanes that if I was given a pristine example, I would immediately sell,
like a P-51 or a Cirrus. Both are equally ridiculous airplanes, just in different ways. Ok,
I might fly the P-51 once before I sold it, just to destroy my ears one more time.
Nark

I think this about sums it up.

Also, a divorce is probably cheaper in the short/long run.
IMG_5198.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com