Most Difficult Plane to Fly? T6 <== TOTAL BULLSHIT

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
John Swallow

"Talk to me about the technique used to land a Harvard at night. From the back seat."

About the same as landing a the dual F-5 from the back seat, I'm guessing. You're basically blind until you're in the flare and then you keep equal amounts of runway on either side of the nose. Except if there's a big crosswind, in which case there'll be more runway on one side than the other. Fun times...

Colonel

There's a simple trick to landing the Harvard at night. Someone else here must know it.

Hint: I am referring to the MkII in 1951.

For some reason, I am tangentially reminded of Burlington, 1980. Built a hangar there,
learned about black landings. Kovachiks would leave the runway lights off to save $$$.

Weirdly, it doesn't seem that long ago. Four Bar (Les) in the hangar next to us, I'm sure
he's long dead now, but he had an Ultimate 10-200 biplane that I thought was the coolest
thing in the world.

I don't know why I love biplanes. Just weird, I guess. My favorite pistol was adopted
for military service in 1911. I don't want to think about how many years ago that was.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/c ... r-classic/

The idea of a 1911 for carry ... this is a much better pocket gun:

Colonel

Back on topic, here are some wonderful pictures of the "Most Difficult Airplane To Fly"

Near Ottawa around 1990, when YouTube influencers were getting their nutrition through
the nipple of a bottle, and battling diaper rash.

The Good Old Days. You might not think much of Matthew Perry, but back then he
was regularly beating up your current Prime Minister. I guess that makes him a Nazi?
David MacRay

Colonel wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:12 pm
You might not think much of Matthew Perry, but back then he
was regularly beating up your current Prime Minister. I guess that makes him a Nazi?
I’m neutral, but my wife’s pal thinks he’s great. She is a huge fan of Friends.
Colonel

A bit of a contrast. The Ukrainian PM:

Those Ukrainians sure are a lot braver than half-Cubans.
digits

Colonel wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:30 pm
A bit of a contrast. The Ukrainian PM:

Those Ukrainians sure are a lot braver than half-Cubans.
And you would likely send your current president to fight on the other side if it ever came to a war ;-)
David MacRay

Big contrast between your story about Justin T hiding from the horns, and former Liberal Prime Minister Jean C also.

When some poor dummy rushed Jean, he was choking the guy before security even knew what was going on.

https://nationalpost.com/news/its-been- ... -protester
John Swallow

Really?

Hiding from the horns?

:roll:
Colonel

Hey John - great news! COVID is over!

So. No one knows the trick how to land a Harvard from the back seat at night.
John Swallow

"Covid is over"

Would that it were.

The pandemic may be muted, but Covid 19 - in its various forms - will be with us forever, methinks.

About the back seat night landing in a Harvard - all my landings were front seat... What was the 'trick'...?