Anonymity?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

As long as it was the "correct" wheel, can't confuse the issue by calling it the "right" wheel but then again it might of been -- LMFAAAooooo  >:D 

praveen4143

I'd say Anonymity is a large part of why people post on most forums. While that leads to a lot of knowledgeable people posting the right thing, it also leads to a lot of trolls. A small price to pay for the exchange of knowledge, I guess?

I personally prefer posting with my real name as I have done on forums since I first came across the concept back in 2004. While anonymity is possible in the world wide web, you are only as anonymous as how well you filter your information out of what you post online. Bad example, but it didn't take CNN too long to figure out who posted the Donald Trump vs CNN gif even though the OP was anonymous on Reddit (or at least tried to be).

If anything, I'd say you should be more careful what you post on places like Facebook and other social media than you do on an anonymous forum like this one. It is far too easy to get into trouble on those.
David MacRay

My wife's basement is in YYC.  >:(

[quote author=Liquid Charlie link=topic=6656.msg17894#msg17894 date=1499448739]
As long as it was the "correct" wheel, can't confuse the issue by calling it the "right" wheel but then again it might of been -- LMFAAAooooo  >:D
[/quote]

It was the left wheel I think. It was definately the one on the side the wind was coming from. I was trying to land in the center of the run way so that wing was down to counter the cross wind.
Vtoss

[quote author=Shiny link=topic=6656.msg17898#msg17898 date=1499457771]
You're apparently not that guy who I thought you were,
[/quote]

I think he's just good at rewriting his online history for trolling purposes. If you look through his early avcanada posts you'll see lots of editing to rewrite history...which is probably a good idea when you're calling AMEs idiots. I see he said he wasn't paid for 3 days when he worked at *&*, which perhaps explains the incident with their Skymaster.

The only thing I don't understand about him is that the things he trolls about are things he is deficient in himself (e.g. engineering degree, number of planes, owning a crap cherokee, etc). I wonder if that Cherokee with the flaming birds nest is the same one that he purchased? It seems to have had an accident 10 years ago and then was off the register until recently. It's as if he's secretly trolling himself...maybe if there's a psychiatrist in the house they can explain it.
Strega

Yup,,

you know everything about me vtoss..  Flaming birds nest... yup...    Why dont you know about my other aircraft?    You seem to know my "cherokee"  was the one with the flaming birds nest... Are you going to tell me I crashed my "cherokee" and that is why it was off the register ?   

Im secretly trolling myself..  yup...

Are you coming to my hanger this weekend?

FYI this was me as well...  Im sure you know that though.. you know everything about me.

Vtoss

[quote author=Strega link=topic=6656.msg17901#msg17901 date=1499463753]
Why dont you know about my other aircraft?
[font=Verdana][/font][/quote][font=Verdana][/font]

Maybe you've got them well hidden. Why don't you post a pic for us to see?

[quote]
You seem to know my "cherokee"  was the one with the flaming birds nest...
[/quote]

No, I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence you posting a picture of a red cherokee with a flaming birds nest at exactly the same time you buy into a red cherokee that's been off the register for 10 years.

[quote]
Are you going to tell me I crashed my "cherokee" and that is why it was off the register ?   
[/quote]

I don't know, was it you? All I know is that it was crashed by a student who had difficulty landing, down in the states. It looked like a pretty nice plane before it was written off.

[quote]
Are you coming to my hanger this weekend?
[/quote]

Yes, actually, we're all coming to your hangar this weekend to see your collection of planes. Just post the location and we'll be there!
Strega

So,,, you know my "cherokee" was red, and was crashed by a student pilot in the us..  But you dont know where my hanger is...    Right........

youre so right about me,,  I was a student pilot 10 years ago, and crashed my "cherokee" .....    Thats the stupidest thing Ive heard all day..

Strega

Here is a pic of my red "cherokee" that I crashed... but you know that right ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Strega

Vtoss

Here is another one of my 172a,, not as shiny as yours, but is still fun

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.