Elmo V. Jet Engine

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
CpnCrunch

I think Strega is just upset that he didn't get hired by Westjet, which apparently is his dream (see his original posts at avcanada). Also, he talks about "my 340", but it's highly unlikely that a commercial pilot with 10 years experience would be able to afford a 340 (especially one who doesn't work for the airlines).

Strega

[quote]I think Strega is just upset that he didn't get hired by Westjet[/quote]

Ya... thats it  ???
Rookie Pilot

Can I have my 60 odd seconds back?  Gee Strega is there anyone you haven't managed to piss off?

Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]Can I have my 60 odd seconds back?  Gee Strega is there anyone you haven't managed to piss off? [/quote]

Yeh, so far he has not pissed me off yet because it is interesting reading the responses he gets.

That is one of the main reasons we read these forums, for entertainment. :)

Also regardless of how hard I try I can not think of why flying for Westjet would be a goal to strive for.
CpnCrunch

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=1110.msg4173#msg4173 date=1447202900]
Also regardless of how hard I try I can not think of why flying for Westjet would be a goal to strive for.
[/quote]

Well, you'd need to ask Strega that, he is the one that said "hopefully some day, I'll be flying WJ" (and he wasn't making a joke, as he posted a bunch of messages asking about WJ minimums, but perhaps it was a troll).

Like you, I find these forums entertaining. I think Strega is an elaborate troll, and it's quite entertaining trying to figure him out. If my suspicions are correct he doesn't actually own a 340 or baron, and he is actually an FSS employee in Alberta.

I don't have anything against Strega, and I'm not going to post his identity, but I do find it amusing that he seems to have concocted an elaborate alternate persona just to troll avcanada.
Chuck Ellsworth

I am not about to out him, but he is in no way a wannabe in aviation.  :) :)
Strega

[quote]Like you, I find these forums entertaining. I think Strega is an elaborate troll, and it's quite entertaining trying to figure him out. If my suspicions are correct he doesn't actually own a 340 or baron, and he is actually an FSS employee in Alberta.

I don't have anything against Strega, and I'm not going to post his identity, but I do find it amusing that he seems to have concocted an elaborate alternate persona just to troll avcanada.[/quote]

You got me.... I dont own the baron... its a friends that is underutilized... and I thought we could actually provide some REAL training... GASSSSPPPPPP  IN CLOUD!!!!!    With GASSSPPPPP even more,, and instructor that is available that has REALLY FLOWN!!!!!!  Sorry... my bad..

Colonel

I like Strega.  He is funny.  Can we keep him?  Huh?
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=CpnCrunch link=topic=1110.msg4192#msg4192 date=1447281037]
[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=1110.msg4173#msg4173 date=1447202900]
[/quote]

Well, you'd need to ask Strega that, he is the one that said "hopefully some day, I'll be flying WJ" (and he wasn't making a joke, as he posted a bunch of messages asking about WJ minimums, but perhaps it was a troll).

Like you, I find these forums entertaining. I think Strega is an elaborate troll, and it's quite entertaining trying to figure him out. If my suspicions are correct he doesn't actually own a 340 or baron, and he is actually an FSS employee in Alberta.

I don't have anything against Strega, and I'm not going to post his identity, but I do find it amusing that he seems to have concocted an elaborate alternate persona just to troll avcanada.
[/quote]

I'm with you Crunch....think he possibly runs dispatch at a 705....or the parts department somewhere.  Maybe there is a 340 and a Baron within visual range somewhere....

Maybe I'll start a "who is Strega" thread on AvCan......could be entertaining.
David MacRay

Some say the Baron he flies belongs to someone else, but when he flies it he logs PIC. All we know is he is called Strega.  8)