Cranky mag?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
John Swallow

Speaking of condoms...

In full dress uniform, a Scottish Regimental Sergeant-Major marches into a pharmacy. 
Very carefully he opens his sporran and pulls out a neatly folded cotton bandana, unfolds it to reveal a smaller silk square handkerchief, which he also unfolds to reveal a condom.
The condom has a number of patches on it. The chemist holds it up and eyes it critically.
"How much to repair it?' the Scot asks the chemist.
"Six pence" says the chemist.
"How much for a new one?" is the response.
"Ten pence" says the chemist.
The Scot painstakingly folds the condom into the silk square handkerchief and the cotton bandana, replaces it carefully in his sporran, and marches out of the door, shoulders back and kilt swinging.
Two days later, he enters the chemist shop and marches up to the proprietor. 
Reaching into his sporran, he retrieves the silk handkerchief, and carefully freeing the condom from within, intones:  "The regiment has decided to get it repaired."

Fendermandan

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=6658.msg18681#msg18681 date=1502594412]
There are aircaft out there with 10 and 20 year old spark plugs.

Would you use the same condom for 10 or 20 years?

Change the spark plugs.

Change the engine oil.

Use 10% Camguard.  That stuff is fucking magical.

Get a Battery Tender and always plug it in.

Do the maintenance the aircaft requires.

This is not fucking rocket science.
[/quote]

Good points. I knew plugs were old, but seem to be passing champion go/no go gizmo, so I thought keep me running.  Now I put camguard when I use multi grade in the winter, but don't use it with aeroshell w100 plus in the warmer months. Would you recommend it?

Also a bit background on the engine, it is at 3300 hrs and 9 years since last overhaul. So it is getting tired.  I'll post another topic about it.