I think I want a Grumman Widgeon

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

Good evening David, I was just thinking about what it must be like to sit at your computer and attack strangers with nothing more than their age and possible physical problems due to ageing to use to demean them, what motivates them to do that, inferiority complex or just plain cowardice?

It must be really lonely there behind the computer screen.

For sure they do drag down the forum for people who want to discuss flying.

At least Scud's forum allows us to self police.

David MacRay

I think haters usually don't think about other people's feelings. They are just used to telling everyone what they perceive as wrong.

It is probably too much work to consider, maybe a guy could only afford an older car., then put in some labor in to getting it in a safe running condition. It is much easier to just bad mouth them, "Nice car. Dodges suck. I drive an Acura."

Who knows, maybe he has lots of pals that hang out and high five him after he types up something like "you're blind.."

Difficult to predict whether he is, just hoping to teach you a lesson online, or dislikes older folks with a sense of humour in real life.

I'll grab a video clip of Bill Mahr for you. He talks about everyone freaking out at Steve Martin for his comments about Carrie Fisher. It underscores the point, Shiny_red_ribbon might be a hero to call out people as pedos. You might be seen as a scoundrel for objectifying a woman.
David MacRay

The video was made private or something but the article talks about it.

https://www.webdaily.com/2017/01/29/wat ... -internet/

Basically,
Your joke has become bad.

Telling you to leave sex to young people no more than a year or two different in age might be good.

On the other hand he might be reacting to something you wrote that hurt his feelings.
red_shiny_ribbon

You guys are forgetting that I like to take candy from children and kick puppies to make myself feel better. Where is Freud when you need him for some proper psychoanalysis. American or Japanese? Please, elevate your taste, European is where it's at.

Calling me a PC liberal while claiming their feelings are hurt, holy shit it doesn't get any better than this, HA!

Come one, give my crew and I some more credit than that. We meet every other week on the half moon to discuss how we may insult the elderly. Not having grandparents is an entry requirement for this posse.

All jokes aside, the reason I like to poke at chuck is because he's probably the biggest hypocrite I've seen around here. He has no problem personally attacking others and encouraging his friends to do the same. Even going as far as supporting the beratement and outright trash talking of pilots who have passed away in an accident. His boyfriend Andy at least doesn't get all butt hurt when someone attacks him. No, not Chuck, Chuck will call you a piece of shit but as soon as you do it to him, he starts crying like a baby. Saying things like "no respect for the elder" and other baseless claims.

Listen I don't automatically have respect for someone just because they have gone around the sun a few more times than I have. I may respect them for their experience and other such things. But as soon as they show themselves to be the hypocrite Chuck is, all respect is out of the window.

red_shiny_ribbon

Chuck Ellsworth

Scud, if you want an affordable three place amphibian that is economical to buy and operate the Lake Bucaneer is something to keep in mind.

It is not really difficult to fly as long as you remember it is a high thrustline little flying boat.

And unlike a float equipped airplane the wing will not go over a dock.

But it is excellent for parking on beaches as long as you don't get it stuck in the sand.

They are quite cheap to buy all things being considered.

Pilotdar will be able to give you more info on them.

Chuck
David MacRay

The Lake Bucaneer might be fun Chuck but I don't know if it will be up for scud's mission.

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=6062.msg16004#msg16004 date=1492394807]
I think a plane that you could throw the family in and haul a load out to the lake or cabin sounds ideal.
[/quote]

Chuck just needs to fly a bit more and I should do the same plus get more excercise.

Do you have a cabin scud, or just planning?
Barneydhc82

Good day guys:  Been trying to follow this thread but the usual shit keeps flooding my screen.  One of the AC guys that hung out at Delta Air Park as a kid now has a Widgeon based at Blunder Bay and so far, so good.  Neil probably knows Mark

Interesting enough, a few years ago I was crewing on Jerry's Albatross and on the way back from Midland, Tx, we had Merril Weins as Capt and had we not both taken sick, I would have gotten some dual in his Widgeon out of Crest Airpark, Wa.

As for Neil...I still have that Yellow stripe up my back! >:D

Cheers All...Fly safe
Barney
BCPilotguy

I don't know anything about this, but I sure like the look of it:

[img width=500 height=240]http://gweduck.com/uploads/3/2/3/9/3239 ... 1_orig.jpg[/img]

[youtube][/youtube]

[quote]The Gweduck is an experimental, twin engine flying-boat style amphibian of composite construction and is reminiscent of the Grumman style aircraft. Aircraft development started in the early 1990's and has focused on a broad range of issues including aircraft performance and handling as well as manufacturing technologies.
With several hundred flying hours on the prototype airframe, the Gweduck is now going into production as a kit-built aircraft!

The Gweduck design project was started to recreate a Grumman Widgeon but using composite materials to eliminate the extensive corrosion and maintenance problems so common to the 40+ year old design. Over time the project developed into a ground-up redesign of a completely new aircraft that combines the knowledge and experience of 1940's & 50's flying boat designs with modern composite construction, and the latest in aerodynamic and hydrodynamic technologies. Please take a look at our our website to learn more about this outstanding amphibious flying boat![/quote]