Most Difficult Plane to Fly? T6 <== TOTAL BULLSHIT

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
“Bob”

Didn’t these kill more pilots than the Axis powers?

Nark

Dan Gryder is a goof. Not in a good way.

If going on a temper-tantrum and getting arrested at the airport while trying to elude police didn't lose my respect, I think it was the either the video of him explaining the firing order and the prop of the DC3, not knowing about the reduction gear and completely mucking up the theory of it, or him being his own NTSB investigator when he crashed a perfectly good Cessna 150 on the way to Oshkosh last summer.

https://www.avweb.com/news/pilot-arrest ... -incident/

I guess for a former 3 bar? a Cessna 150 really is a fire breathing dragon.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Big Pistons Forever

Jimmy’s World on YouTube is my guilty pleasure
Nark

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:55 pm
Jimmy’s World on YouTube is my guilty pleasure
I like watching his videos, enjoy what he’s doing (I’m doing the same thing, but without the social media clout).

I don’t quite know if I’d want to have a beer with him beyond shooting the breeze at the hangar though. A LOT of energy….
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

There are many people who are greatly amusing from afar, but would be a giant pain close up.

Dan Gryder is a a bit like that. Initially I was horrified, but then I realized that he was genuinely
nuts - his obsession with DB Cooper, for example. However, in these days of rampant phoniness,
his honest bizarreness is refreshing. From a distance. Anyone remember PDW? Or do you try
to forget him? Initially he pissed me off, but after a while, I concluded he was really insane, and
it wasn't an act. Street cred.
David MacRay

“Bob” wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:31 am
Didn’t these kill more pilots than the Axis powers?
Sopwith Camel, T6… same difference?
Colonel

Being killed by a T-6 is like being killed by a single elderly, gentle cow when you are on foot in a large, empty flat field.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s sure not easy.

Fear The Cow. Uh huh.
Squaretail

Sometimes its revealing that you're not a country boy. A open flat field is exactly the only place you don't want to be if a cow wants to kick your ass. Or a horse, or worse, a mule. Now if you got any obstacle, a tree, ditch, fence, old tractor, whatever, then advantage you. But open field? Hope that old cow is really is gentle.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
digits

Squaretail wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 am
Sometimes its revealing that you're not a country boy. A open flat field is exactly the only place you don't want to be if a cow wants to kick your ass. Or a horse, or worse, a mule. Now if you got any obstacle, a tree, ditch, fence, old tractor, whatever, then advantage you. But open field? Hope that old cow is really is gentle.
I nominate this for 'sick(li)est burn of the year' :mrgreen:
Squaretail

Well to be fair to those who died in a T-6 (or an SNJ depending on your flavour of service) if you were a new pilot, being trained in a hurry maybe by someone who was a new instructor, in an airplane that was maintained by mechanics learning their trade, in airplanes built in a hurry by new workers. Well, what could possibly go wrong?
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...