Ontario highways.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Cdnpilot77

Where does our tax money go?  What a loaded question....to everyone and everything BUT the people and projects that need it!!  Stay a while and check out some hydro rates for a good laugh.

Fendermandan

My peeve as well. WTF is with 18 wheelers passing each other? They can't pull 105 km/h loaded.
pdw

[quote author=Fendermandan link=topic=3624.msg9981#msg9981 date=1468848718]WTF is with 18 wheelers passing each other? [/quote]

Maybe more to do with maintaining the steadier speeds to save $$ ? It's less shifting .. clutch wear/tear and fuel, esp in denser traffic.

On the trips north of Superior either direction getting caught in between two of them is no picnic until those uphill passing lanes come along so passing is even an option. Sometimes they're going pretty good / catching up too fast in the rear view mirror, so no choice to pick up the pace and get ahead of the slower truck a mile ahead and be back to where the optimum variable/experimental speed kept in range.

I'd imagine the diesel motor home should have no problem managing that terrain.

Liquid Charlie

Well to stir the pot a little. My pet peeve are the guys who will not pass, unless they have a passing lane. I always pass before I get to them if I can because that is usually when a semi will choose to pass. The worst are the people who will not pass yet tailgate so it becomes a challenge and one must force a spot open. Can't understand why this pisses people off. It's like a merge lane. Why to people slow down? Hammer down is the secret. I love driving the north shore cuz I can give the STI a little bit of a workout  >:D