Where to live now?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
CpnCrunch

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:18 am
I think it would likely be Esquimalt, not sure what the married quarters situation is there yet, it's not great over here. That would definitely be the best way to go though.

I heard there may be spots in Kamloops, but not sure yet either.
Victoria is the most interesting city with the mildest weather. Lots of flying opportunities at YYJ, depending on what you want to do.

TwinOtterFan

CpnCrunch wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:31 am

Victoria is the most interesting city with the mildest weather. Lots of flying opportunities at YYJ, depending on what you want to do.
I think instructing would be great, small charter floats in BC would be awesome too. I would like to do medivac eventually but its not a deal breaker.
CpnCrunch

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:56 am

I think instructing would be great, small charter floats in BC would be awesome too. I would like to do medivac eventually but its not a deal breaker.
VFC is a great flight school...friendly, very well run. If I was going to be an instructor I'd work there in a heartbeat. I've had various training from them over the past 5-10 years, and have always had good experiences with them. I think there are always opportunities there for instructors. There are also various medevac, charter, cargo, floatplane and commuter operations at YYJ and surrounding areas.
TwinOtterFan

Well it wasn't the plan but maybe this curveball will turn out okay then, feeling better about this now. We will just have to see what the posting message says in a few weeks.
mcrit

Trenton and train out of Peterborough. Ottawa has good schools (Rockcliffe). Winnipeg has Harv’s. What trade is your wife?
TwinOtterFan

Trenton wasn't on the list of options. I'm not doing Ottawa, already did my Winnipeg tour (17 wing in 2010 I believe) she seems pretty set on BC now, I'm sure it will work out. It sounds like a good place, its up to the CM's now.
mcrit

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 pm
…., its up to the CM's now.
May the odds be ever in your favour. :D
Slick Goodlin

If you’re looking to fly an air ambulance in Ontario, Thunder Bay and Sioux Lookout would be the main hubs of that sort of thing.
TwinOtterFan

Slick Goodlin wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:18 am
If you’re looking to fly an air ambulance in Ontario, Thunder Bay and Sioux Lookout would be the main hubs of that sort of thing.
Agreed, hence my vote to go thier, I would love to fly for Ornge one day they have a fair amount of vets that work their. Medics from my home unit. Sadly not an option this time around.
David MacRay

Golly Crunch, I would love to join the VFC but the prices for habitable structures near there is a bit more than I would like to spend. What’s up close to Comox/Qualicum?