TV Show: "Airplane Repo" Looking for new Pilots

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

You can never have enough women, airplanes, motorcycles, guns or dogs.

I think Frieburger owns 30+ cars, which incredibly is more dogs than Dulcich has.

None of them run, of course. I'm talking about the cars.

PS. If the DE .44 Magnum isn't enough for reality TV, you can borrow my S&W
.50 Magnum wheelgun, but it's one of my favourite pistols - I want it back!

The trick is to fire it SA. Double action, you're not going to hit the broad side of a barn.

For me, it's all about the trigger. My advice is to spend at least $4,000 on a gorgeous
1911. You know what I'm talking about. Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, the usual. After
you get a pistol like that, you will be sad about how long you lived your life so far,
without one.

Liquid_Charlie

Ah guns and flight decks, just as the US Air crew that shot a hole in the side of the aircraft at the gate. It turns out the "approved to carry guy" wanted to show his buddy the weapon and surprise surprise it discharged. How can some of these guys be even trusted at the controls of an aircraft!!!

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Colonel

If you can't trust someone with a 2 lb pistol, you probably don't want to give them a 500,000 lb airplane.

Get one of these. You deserve it!

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/cqb-commander/

With taxes and shipping, I guarantee it's going to be the best $4k you ever spent.

The trigger on a high-end 1911 is unbelievable. You have to use one, to understand
just how good they are.

PS. If somehow you think .45 ACP has too much kick - personally, I think it's like a
hot .22 round - you can get the 1911 in 9mm, to go in the glove compartment of
your Porsche.
TwinOtterFan

Guns and planes! man I knew I liked this site better for a reason,

I currently have the sig 226 9mm it was a special edition gift from my wife. It is real nice, but I do have to say I love the 1911, the sig is like a laser pointer, almost to good and kinda boring to shoot, the 1911 I always found to be a little rough around the edges and never quite perfect, you actually had to know how to use it to hit something, like my old Cj a little rough but if you know what your doing it can be great.
https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting/si ... mk-25-d-10

Oh the wife uses a Jerrico .45, its like holding a small block of steel outstretched with decent kick, not sure why she even got it, but she seems to like it lol.
https://iwi.us/product/jericho-941-fs45 ... eel-frame/
Doin_Time

Slick Goodlin wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:09 am
I’m gonna do it. The PFO will go nicely in my collection.
Excellent! This is an amazing plan. I'll throw one at it... What's the worst thing that can happen? All my friends and colleagues make fun of me for being a fake? Who needs friends? Screw you...
Scudrunner
Site Admin

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:21 pm
Guns and planes! man I knew I liked this site better for a reason,

I currently have the sig 226 9mm it was a special edition gift from my wife. It is real nice, but I do have to say I love the 1911, the sig is like a laser pointer, almost to good and kinda boring to shoot, the 1911 I always found to be a little rough around the edges and never quite perfect, you actually had to know how to use it to hit something, like my old Cj a little rough but if you know what your doing it can be great.
https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting/si ... mk-25-d-10

Oh the wife uses a Jerrico .45, its like holding a small block of steel outstretched with decent kick, not sure why she even got it, but she seems to like it lol.
https://iwi.us/product/jericho-941-fs45 ... eel-frame/
Excellent! I'm amazed Trudeau only banned one of my guns.
Colt Mark 4 70 Series (1911) .45
SIG 1911-22 Because .22 is cheaper than .45
SKS
Ruger 10/22 (bull barrel tack driver)
Ruger Precision Rifle 308
Winchester SXP 12 Gauge
and the worst godless killing machine of them all
Smith & Wesson MP15
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

It's tough to objectively describe what "good pistol" is. My priorities:

1) Gotta go bang when you pull the trigger. Sounds stupid, but ....
2) Did I mention trigger? I like a light, short, smooth crisp pull. Long and lumpy and heavy is not the way to go.
3) sights. These are easily upgradeable. You got your iron sights. You got your glowing dots. You got your laser.
4) feel in your hand. Balance. This is hard to describe, but really important

Note that I didn't even mention magazine capacity. If you can't hit something
with 8, you're probably not going to hit them with 18, either. Some people are
going to start World War 3, I guess. I'm not one of them. My .50 Magnum
revolver has only 5 rounds in the cylinder, and trust me, that's plenty.

But for some people, they just gotta have this:

Free advice: if you're going to put that much heat into a gun, for God's sake
swap out the plastic guide rod with a metal one, ok?

Personally, I'm a believer in having lots of magazines. Good ones, with good
springs. This is a good day at the range for me:

Liquid_Charlie

I don't own any guns now and have not done so since I introduced a cpl baby girls into this world. Having said that I was brought up with guns, owned my 1st 22 at the age of 9 and was shooting 9mm Lugar and P38 at the age of 8. Hunting ground hogs on the Ottawa Valley farm was a daily event.

My father handed down a Dutch paratroop M1 with folding stock. It was a fun little gun and I had a family fried gun smith put a sporting stock on it so it even met the regulations at the time. It was never designed to work well with dumb dumbs but keeping the lead to a minimum on the tip it would not jam as much.

I got right into self loading and to think I would put 5 lbs of gun power in my suitcase and check it in my luggage. I might have even checked as much as 10 lbs. Oh my, how times have changed -- :mrgreen:

When I hunted I used a Browning 7mm mag semi - good to 500 yds for 2 shots then barrel whip started to make things a little unpredictable.
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Slick Goodlin

Doin_Time wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:27 am
Slick Goodlin wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:09 am
I’m gonna do it. The PFO will go nicely in my collection.
Excellent! This is an amazing plan. I'll throw one at it... What's the worst thing that can happen? All my friends and colleagues make fun of me for being a fake? Who needs friends? Screw you...
I didn’t even get the courtesy of a PFO. Did you do any better?
Nark

Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com