The four bar thing.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

I have read it and it is something that in my opinion must be shared with the public as it shows the arrogance of these people in TCCA.

They are worse than criminals because they really think they are protected by their system and their abuse of power can not be punished.

The beauty of what you shared is we have names attached to their actions...which are beyond what any civilized society should condone in a country that claims to be a democracy.

This first should become public, then demand that the elected officials in parliament take appropriate action against these people.

And the public be informed.

Chuck E.

Colonel

I wouldn't bother, Chuck.  Just pissing into the
wind.  It's not illegal for TC to be arrogant and
incompetent - just annoying for the rest of us.

And I think we can see from this thread exactly
how much sympathy it would generate.
Chuck Ellsworth

True.

Perception is in direct proportion to the culture they have been brought up in.

What you and I find unacceptable is just fine to those who have been educated to accept authoritarianism to the degree TCCA forces on us.

It is sort of like ones sexual persuasion.....some enjoy being sodomized, some don't.

I have a very interesting E-mail from the owner of a Company out here on the left coast.

His permanent TC inspector was laughing at how he fucked me over when he was my inspector when I owned a flying business in B.C.

It was meant as a warning that he would do exactly the same to him if he did not accept bullying.

I hope I live long enough to see an uprising against this type of government abuse of power.
Rookie Pilot

Going through accidents yesterday. (Yeah I'm strange)  :o

Saw this one. Accidents aren't confined to 4 bars.

22000 hour Pitts pilot. Loss of focus.  Looks like he was showing off to his buddy.

Flying a Pitts is no gurantee either of wise judgement or immunity from consequences of lack of same.

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repor ... 6o0231.asp

Edit. Be interesting to compare accident rates. Pitts vs 4 bar 747 or any jet you choose, per 100,000 flight hours. Would the Pitts rate be 10, 100 or 1000 X the 747?

Just making the point.  And Pitts are only flown in good VFR weather, just to accentuate the point!
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]
Saw this one. Accidents aren't confined to 4 bars.[/quote]

Really?

mmm...bacon

Rookie Pilot wrote:
Edit. Be interesting to compare accident rates. Pitts vs 4 bar 747 or any jet you choose, per 100,000 flight hours. Would the Pitts rate be 10, 100 or 1000 X the 747?

Just making the point.  And Pitts are only flown in good VFR weather, just to accentuate the point!

Just to quibble a little - I think that airlines (and insurance companies?) invented the 100k hours metric to make flying appear safer than it was, initially.  Statistically, the most dangeous times for an aeroplane are takeoff and landing, so why aren't accident stats based on cycles, rather than on a number (100k) artificially inflated by widebodies droning through the stratosphere for 5 hours at a time?

Carry on...
Rookie Pilot

Yeah, really.

I've also ridden with friends overseas that fly regularly into strips that would make the Pitts contingent wet their pants.    Those severe sloped one way strips.  And guess what.

They wear (rather dirty) 4 bars. So no I don't think it means much either way.

And the aerobatic photos all over 5000 foot runways in case it hits the fan,  don't impress me compared to what the folks in Africa and PNG do every day --
Colonel

And Pitts are only flown in good VFR weather
(snigger)  yeah, right.

btw, I only have both Canadian and American ATP's and
have taught single IFR and multi IFR since the 90's.

And I issue type ratings on russian ex-military fast
jets.

You?  Do you fly a lot of F-86 and F-104?
Chuck Ellsworth

O.K. Rookie Pilot I'll bow to your obvious exceptional knowledge of this subject.

Can you take some of your posting time to relate your personal experiences in these areas of flying so us less experienced unwashed can learn from you?

Oh, what exactly does a five thousand foot runway have to do do with flying aerobatics in a Pitts?
Chuck Ellsworth

The nice thing about these forums is we can learn from these experts Colonel.

By the way I hold those licenses in Canada, USA, South Africa, Australia and Europe JAA as well as an Unlimited Airdisplay Authority in Europe.

The truth is they are nothing more than paper work pushed out of some government office by people who probably can not find their assholes with a set of moose antlers and a flash light.

When I did my instrument training we still had the Radio Range system for airways and the ADF was hand turned instead of automatic.

And I have flown IFR in around sixty different countries.  :)