One pilot vs two

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Liquid Charlie link=topic=9401.msg25963#msg25963 date=1543926327]
Airlines will have to buy Pitts for each crew members to keep there hands and feet exercised :-)
[/quote]
Liquid Charlie gets my vote for airline CEO.  That's how these things work, right?

Chuck Ellsworth

That 747 is landing at Rand South Africa, I flew out of there for a while and that runway also has quite an up hill slope on that end of the runway.

By the way not bad for a four bars.  :)
Colonel

People will think I'm stupid, but we desperately need "Professional Pilot Flying Clubs"
or whatever you want to call them, that do nothing but give ATP's badly-needed stick
time (dual) on:

1) Decathlon
2) Extra
3) L39

You give me an ATP, and let me give him an hour of dual in each of the above, and he
will go back to his job a [i]much[/i] sharper pilot.

I know I'm a broken record on this, but stick & rudder skills and "unusual attitude recovery"
are essential building blocks in the fundamental skills of a professional pilot.

I hate the term "unusual attitude".  There is nothing unusual with being upside down at 500
feet, and there is nothing unusual about an 80 degree upline.  They are both well within the
flight envelope of the aircraft, which is all that matters.

You may note the similarity of the above, to the highly-prized intense and phased training of
a military pilot.  This is not a coincidence.

PS  I fucking hate sims.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]PS  I fucking hate sims.[/quote]

And blow up dolls.
Colonel

They're pretty handy for the HOV lane ...

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2011/06/09/ ... -hov-lane/

[quote]A Burlington man was slapped with a $220-fine for driving in an HOV lane on the QEW Wednesday with a blow-up doll as his passenger.

Working off a tip from a fellow motorist, the OPP stopped the 51-year-old man in his black SUV near Dorval Drive in Oakville. The man placed an inflatable doll clad in a jacket and cap in the passenger seat.

Cops confiscated the doll — she’s being held in an evidence locker. The coat and hat were returned to the driver.[/quote]
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=9401.msg25968#msg25968 date=1543983408]
People will think I'm stupid, but we desperately need "Professional Pilot Flying Clubs"
or whatever you want to call them, that do nothing but give ATP's badly-needed stick
time (dual) on:

1) Decathlon
2) Extra
3) L39

You give me an ATP, and let me give him an hour of dual in each of the above, and he
will go back to his job a [i]much[/i] sharper pilot.
[/quote]
If someone could convince the insurance companies of this I bet they could make a pile of money.
Eric Janson

The only thing better than 2 Pilots is 3 Pilots!

3 Captains (with the right people) is the best imho. My company has very cleverly qualified all Captains to operate in the right seat (as non flying Pilot).

Interestingly our client has just requested all 3 Pilot flights be flown by 2 Captains and an FO or 3 Captains.

It's nice to be able to get a few hours sleep during the flight - turns an 11+30 flight into 2 3+30 flights. Now we just need to get an aircraft that doesn't have the bunk removed.

Colonel

Why not four pilots?  Five?  Six?
Liquid Charlie

you only see that many pilots in one place when alcohol is involved and possibly free -
Nark1

Eric,

I'm very thankful captains can't sit right seat (at my shop)!

I thoroughly enjoy my job, but not enough to sit right seat.  My old job, captains could sit right seat (for CA wage).  I'd rather stay at home on reserve, grow a beard and get paid monthly minimums, worrying about currency.