Another One

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

[quote]you actually shared a plane with this guy. What was your opinion?[/quote]

Nice guy.  Inexperienced.

Mind you, I got the same vibe from the last
F-18 driver I met, half my age.

CpnCrunch

[quote author=Colonel link=topic=1601.msg5585#msg5585 date=1451681302]
[quote]you actually shared a plane with this guy. What was your opinion?[/quote]

Nice guy.  Inexperienced.

Mind you, I got the same vibe from the last
F-18 driver I met, half my age.
[/quote]

Did he have a night rating? Instrument rating? I notice that the accident happened 25 mins after the end of civil twilight, so either spatial disorientation or getting too low on final would be my guess.

Strega

Its legal to fly a caravan into icing......

Liquid Charlie

[quote]Its legal to fly a caravan into icing......[/quote] -- 

[size=small][font=arial] if this was a comment because of the recent accident - strangely enough icing likely had nothing to do with it. The accident appears to be CFIT due to VFR into IMC - I'm going to say TC and it's wisdom and the Ops Spec system that is more to blame by giving companies the ability to push young guys out the door knowing fucking well that 20 something pilots have a very difficult time saying [b]"NO" [/b]!!!!  I have said this before but back in the day this was ILS minimums in Canada 300/1 in fucking deed - how could any country in their right mind adopt a system like this - ops specs need to go. This whole Canadian mentality that Canada is a "special" place to fly and no one else in the world has the ability to fly here. The sad truth is that the greatest percentage of flying in Canada is like flying in the 3rd world. TC comes up with a system that gives everyone a loaded gun with one in the chamber and away we go. Very little wx info, non existent airport facilities, poor approaches and cut throat operators cutting corners to scrape by. Damn - welcome to the mecca of aviation. I guess if you feed people enough bullshit to make them believe being a Canadian pilot means you are the best in the world, people actually start to believe it and think our standards are the ultimate.[/font][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small][font=arial]Happy New Year All -- be safe out there. My philosophy over the years. If you look after #1 everybody else is fine. More specifically, I was asked on more than on one occasion, usually when trying to remove someone's pants -- haha -- "You must feel a lot of pressure and responsibility with 200 passengers" My answer "I only worry about #1, the rest will follow" [/font][/size]