Honda Jet

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

New footage - turn volume up:

GoBoy

Not a bad little Jet but I wonder how it will fare in the market long term .
We in the Jet manufacturing market have found that in the past the customers are not too enthusiastic
about "pedestal mount" engines on Executive Jets.
However, the pedestal mount engines due make thing quieter in the cabin.

We have seen HONDA really come on strong in the past ten years starting with their small GA jet engine that wants to directly compete with
the PWC PW600 series engines.
The first time I saw their engine was at OSH . It was just a small "one off" engine right out of their test, dirty and  full of test equip. It was displayed in a small rental tent
Being that at that time HONDA had not proven itself in aviation, EAA did not even let it into the main display area . it was literally outside the fence.
Now 10+ years later , Honda has a proven engine and aircraft and has one of the largest display pavilions at Oshkosh , second only to FORD.
Honda Aviation is something to watch in the future
ScudRunner-d95

It will be interesting to see if they can grab some market share from the small Cessna and Embraer lines. I think it will be a pretty steep hill to climb but Honda seems committed and has the bucks to back it.

http://www.hondajet.com/hondajet/Specifications
Air Mail

Perhaps Honda should buy Learjet from BBd.  I'd imagine it'd save Honda millions in development costs and they get a proven marketable jet.  And BBd which I thought was trying to sell Lear would not so much rely on gov't handout for maybe 10 yrs?
ScudRunner-d95

BBD has their head screwed so far up their ass its unbelievable they have lasted this long. I really think they should rebrand their entire [u]business jet line up[/u] to LearJet

Why on earth build the Lear 85 that competes with the CL300 ?? They should have one lineup all branded Learjet and kept the Lear 60 why because its badass! And fun fact the CL300 was originally going to be in the Learjet lineup but some idiot in the Beaudoin family nixed that in another genius business move.

Learjet 60 - Mid sized
Learjet 70 -Small Jet
Learjet 75 - Small Jet

Learjet 350 -
Learjet 650 -

Learjet 5000
Learjet 6000
Learjet 7000
Learjet 8000

The Q400 and the CRJ's and C-Series (stupid name) can all be under the Bombardier flag. I just can't imagine having such an Iconic name like Learjet and not capitalizing on it. The issues with the C-Series all stem from our countries lack of balls in business, that thing should have been flying for more than a decade now being developed out of the BRJX program. Instead some fuckwit at BBD decides to shelve it and allow Embraer to gain a toe hold in the market, ooooh but the C-Series is going to have geared quiet engines.

And guess what Embraer and everyone else is going to do, yup bolt them on their proven frames and out manufacture and offer incentives to airlines over BBD.

I hope the CSeries does well but BBD will screw it up with that family and their share structure ruining what could be a very successful business.

And now back to the Hondajet...................
David MacRay

I suspect it's vanity. They don't want to build an improved Lear, they want to replace it. Bad business perhaps, but it's how humans operate.