Old

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

The other day I ran into my very last student from my old flight instructor days. I only ever flew with him once before moving on but we remembered each other.

He’s a Captain at AC now. Can time slow down maybe a little? Yeesh.

Nark

I’m hoping against hope she reads this, but I’m not holding my breath:

I ran in to a lady during Airventure this year. She flies out of YYD for a company.
We are connected in a weird way; I learned to fly in Northern Thunderbird’s 172 (BZQ if I recall). She’s married or associated with one of the pilots that’s been there a while as well.

In the same vein, I was one of the last students dude had, before he moved on to CMA, or NTAir and moved up the chain.
I’ve been a 320 captain for a few years now too. :o

We’re all getting old!
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

Sorry to see this guys. Sounds rough.

I just turned eleven again.

See you later.
Colonel

Thank goodness I’m only 3d years old (hexadecimal)
Slick Goodlin

David MacRay wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:42 pm
I just turned eleven again.
That’s probably the way to go. I feel like I sometimes measure for myself in dog years.
David MacRay

Sometimes my body reminds me it’s not eternal but so far I have been able to walk it off.

I have managed to refuse to give in to a recent craving for a big mac, I’m considering quitting the arches again. I managed to only eat occasional mcmuffins for about a decade in the past.

I definitely should eat more fruits and vegetables, not that I avoid them, I just don’t choose them as often as I should.

Maybe I should join a nice ground school course to exercise my brain but they are expensive. I probably shouldn’t be so cheap. The instructors need to buy expensive food too.
Colonel

As you get older your body can tolerate less and less carbs. Gotta cut them out. Total caloric intake needs to be the right number. People like Ozampic these days but good luck when you stop.