WINGS FAASafety

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Squaretail

Recently I started putting my FAA certificate to greater use, and it was suggested that I keep track of my Biannual flight reviews by using the new(?) WINGS system the FAA has. Prior to this stuff was just signed off in my logbook. So now in my spare hotel time, I have been getting "credits" by watching way too many synopses of the demise of other unfortunate pilots, to the point where I had to stop. But nevermind that. Does anyone here make use of this? If so, what are your opinions of it?

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
Colonel

Not sure, but I think the Wings thing is for green private pilots and is hilariously inappropriate for you.

Just do a BFR every 2 years and get your logbook signed. The low time CFI will be grateful to learn from you.
Squaretail

Hmm. They said they wouldn't sign my book and that I could print off the certificate when they posted it on the WINGS if I felt like I needed a hard copy. In that weird area where I have an IPC signed off, but not a BFR.

Feels like everyone is squirrelly now about writing tuff in your logbook after Covid. Really, I didn't sneeze on it.

The low time CFI will be grateful to learn from you.
I sort of doubt that.

Ugh, just went from 38C to 6C. Remember kids, when flying always have some water with you and a jacket.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
Colonel

Weird. I’ve never had a problem with getting a logbook signature from a CFI. That’s kind of what they do after a BFR. Everyone needs one every 2 years.

You might be dealing with the wrong people. Go see Nark or find a flight school with some taildraggers. My experience is that the kids really appreciate the pointers.

PS had a Basler guy compliment my crosswind wheel landings on the weekend. I told him he was too kind.