Friday was The Day

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

If you fly and you pay attention to things, every year there’s one notable best flying day and you only really find it by going flying that day. Admittedly this year’s sample size of flying days was quite small for me for a number of reasons, but that perfect day was last Friday. I know this because as luck would have it I had the Champ out of the hangar and a friend on the other side of the field was just hopping in his own Champ. I was going NORDO so I just sent a quick text and hoped he would check his phone before taxiing.

“You lead.”

What followed was a half hour of very close formation over the countryside, in the golden hour, a crystal clear sky, and as smooth as it’s ever been. I’d like to think there are more interesting airplanes at my disposal but honestly the Champ was somehow just perfectly suited to Friday’s perfect flight.
92F92B7F-A744-40F5-9B3E-1041A117E0AE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scudrunner
Site Admin

That’s awesome, love the small airports like yours.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Nark

Tonight was a good one too.

Got a babysitter, went to a ball game.

The babysitter is the niece, so I asked if she wanted to be dropped off (picked up by her older sister) at the airport, instead of us driving an hour.

You really have to be creative justifying owning a plane.

Came back to the home airport for night currency. All around awesome day/night.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Nark wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:30 am
You really have to be creative justifying owning a plane.
Justifying? Small airplanes make me happy. I always forget they can serve useful purposes too.
Colonel

Exactly. I have too many airplanes, motorcycles, guns, dogs, ex-wives and children and they aren’t going anywhere. :)

I laugh when people talk about buying an airplane to save on rental charges. They ask how much it costs to own an airplane. I reply, “All of it.”

Flying is like sex. Get all you can, while you can.