I want to go back to work.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Trey Kule link=topic=9406.msg26088#msg26088 date=1544883956]
I have always wanted a Cameron Team 51
[/quote]
I wonder how distracting it would be to fly around with an erection all the time?

Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=9406.msg26092#msg26092 date=1544890669]
[img width=500 height=334]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 612606.jpg[/img]

I think he wanted a Garrett.  If you want a speedy prop airplane, you could do
a lot worse than a 1100hp Garrett Legend (Vne 400 mph)
[/quote]
A Garrett Legend passes through my way from time to time and I always think one of those with O2 would be awesome.  I figure wide open in the climb at 500fpm would have to be around 250kts, then start descent early and push the needle to 400 all the way down...
Trey Kule

Chris...you might be looking at the racing version.  The basic one is identical to a P51...including the belly scoop....! 
Except made with carbon fiber....performs better than the original..

Legend is a cool,aircraft.  Seems to me some guys in Calgary were involved in the design...still one there maybe.
David MacRay

Ok, it does look neat.
http://cameronaircraft.com/Team51%20History.html

I don't know if I would fit. I sat in Bob Hoover's Ole Yeller. I did not play around with the seat adjustments because It was a privilege just to sit in it but I wouldn't be able to close the canopy and my shoulders were wedged in pretty tight. They were built to be flown by fellows much smaller than me.
Colonel

Just ziptie a collar around the transponder breaker and go, Dave!
David MacRay

If I had a plane I don't mind squaking a code. I'm well behaved in class C.

I don't mind being too honest either. So if I am grounded forever I might just switch back to playing with bicycles.
anofly

Absolutely yes you should... read Colonels post about lic pilots, dont worry too much about it being in your name. but maybe a corp?
I would buy a few hours. 100 us an hour for an instructor is getting up there a bit.....
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]100 us an hour for an instructor is getting up there a bit.....[/quote]

The real measure of the price you pay for flight instruction is measured by what you learn in the time frame you are being taught.

For instance paying fifty dollars an hour to an inexperienced flight instructor with very little flying experience is to much.

Conversely paying several hundred dollars an hour for a few hours where you actually become more proficient is money well spent.

By the way when I was teaching advanced flying before I retired I charged 250 Euro per flight hour.