BOMBARDIER: Everything that is wrong with Canada.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

https://business.financialpost.com/tran ... 00-layoffs

Everyone defends this company for some strange reason.  I get viciously trolled for even suggesting taxpayers shouldn't pour billions down this bottomless pit.

14 million dollar CEO. 

Doesn't show up for his own layoff announcement. 

Colonel

I got a t-shirt, which I thought was fair.  Bombardier owes every taxpayer
in Canada at [i]least[/i] a t-shirt, if you do the arithmetic.

I don't see much difference between the subsidies for bending tin or milking
cows in Quebec.  Both are politically untouchable.

Remember the subsidies for the Canadian auto makers?  Billions of dollars,
wasted.

[b]You can't push on a rope.[/b]
Colonel

[quote]When the federal and Ontario governments transferred [b]$14.5 billion[/b] in taxpayer cash to GM and Chrysler in 2009, they likely did so with the best of intentions —to preserve jobs, though no doubt [b]southern Ontario votes[/b] also figured heavily into the equation.

But in a recent analysis from Dennis DesRosier, the automotive analyst noticed that employment in the Canadian automotive sector, despite the bailout and economic recovery, continues to fall. 

In terms of Canadian automobile production, GM and Chrysler, the two recipients of $14.5 billion in subsidies, accounted for [b]56.3 per cent[/b] of all automobiles built in Canada at the beginning of the decade.

Nine years later, those two companies produced just [b]37.5 per cent[/b] of all Canadian-made vehicles.[/quote]

Water runs downhill, and you can't push on a rope.

What a waste of taxpayer money.  But no one cares
that the politicians spend the taxpayer's money to
buy votes in the next election.

The people whom are angry at you Rookie, are likely
the recepients of this horrible government waste, and
they don't want it to stop.  They don't want you to even
discuss it.

IIRC Bombardier frequently goes to court to block access
to information requests on their previous government "loans".

This is incredible, and tells you that they have plenty to
hide from the people paying the bills.
David MacRay

I would like a T-shirt but probably won't get one.  :(
Colonel

You can have mine.  Seriously.

PM or email me your address and let's hope customs doesn't seize it, too.

Seriously.
David MacRay

While I appreciate your attempt to step up and correct the company's failure to make things right with me I think it's best we don't set a precedence.

Next thing the government will be requesting you pay back the rest of the "loans".

Let's try to help Bombardier to take even the slightest bit of responsibility here.

For the record I wanted to use the arguably more correct form of company's without the apostrophe but Apple likes the one we used. Also I see no one in Canada remembers how mean Boeing and the president were, so I have been able to keep wearing T-shirts with that brand on them.
ScudRunner-d95

The Laurentian elites don't see any issue funneling Alberta's oil wealth to this corrupt banana republic if it buys them votes every election.
Hell I would vote for the idiots if I lived out there, its a have province that doesn't actually have to produce anything. Vast natural resources to exploit and hydro power to sell to the yanks for top dollar yet all they have to do is take the train to YOW and threaten to separate, heck Trudeau applies the lube to himself and takes it.

Maple Syrup and Dairy Cartels?? WTF over, give your head a shake Canada.

I really hope that Longview Capital, takes the DHC name and moves all production out West.

phhh A and B class shares what a POS stock. They would have been given a corporate enema years ago if they had a modern share class structure. That company could be very profitable but its all about protecting their little family cartel.

End Rant 
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=9346.msg25699#msg25699 date=1542577082]
The Laurentian elites don't see any issue funneling Alberta's oil wealth to this corrupt banana republic if it buys them votes every election.
Hell I would vote for the idiots if I lived out there, its a have province that doesn't actually have to produce anything. Vast natural resources to exploit and hydro power to sell to the yanks for top dollar yet all they have to do is take the train to YOW and threaten to separate, heck Trudeau applies the lube to himself and takes it.

Maple Syrup and Dairy Cartels?? WTF over, give your head a shake Canada.

I really hope that Longview Capital, takes the DHC name and moves all production out West.

phhh A and B class shares what a POS stock. They would have been given a corporate enema years ago if they had a modern share class structure. That company could be very profitable but its all about protecting their little family cartel.

End Rant
[/quote]

100%.  Someone who gets it.  Please educate some of the idiots out there. 
Thank you.

Gino and Rockie think it's all Trump's fault the stock is barely above penny status, during an absolutely ripping period for the economy and aviation.