Ho blows a Jug

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

[facebook][/facebook]

Slick Goodlin

I'm mostly okay with engines quitting as it's something I'm prepared for.  I draw the line when parts of the engine try to escape, that's just insulting.
Trey Kule

Giggity
Nark1

“Could not duplicate on ground.  Return to service.”
Liquid Charlie

Here is a scary thought. I know one company that run these engines on condition. Comments from the overhaul shop is that there is nothing left when the engines are finally changed, everything is a right off. I'm not sure if I want to be in a sucked out HO under those conditions.
ScudRunner-d95

I remember getting a new engine on a 206. I had flown her the last two summers, she was well maintained and every 40 hours add one quart of oil. Seamed a shame to have to buy a whole new engine when she was running like a top, but where I was flying the boss didn't want to take chances or have more liability I suppose. 

First flight she jumped into the air like I had a N02 installed in her like on Mad Max.
I couldn't believe how she performed with heavy loads compared to the old engine.
[font=Verdana][/font]
I always think of that difference when looking at performance numbers in books, so you kids take note.
I might only have 7000 hours but I did learn a thing or two.
digits

I'm more surprised those cowlings stayed on! Holy crap!
Chuck Ellsworth

They were fortunate they got it feathered, a Navajo will not go very far with a prop windmilling and spitting parts behind it.

For a small twin engine airplane they have been quite successful and do a good job.

Lying here in bed I want back in time in my mind and tried to remember my first flight in a Ho as close as I can remember it was 1970 I think.

While I am thinking about this I wonder when I had my first ride "on " a ho?  >:D
Liquid Charlie

Chuck -- I always thought pilots never paid for it --  >:D