Meanwhile in India

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
John Swallow

[quote]Five travellers who suffered bleeding and were rushed to a Mumbai hospital were suffering from mild deafness that would take some 10 days to recover, a doctor told reporters."[/quote]

Both my BS bats are in the upright position.  The aircraft not pressurizing would not cause those results.  The video shows no evidence of any problems.  The masks come down automatically around 13000 feet cabin altitude (that's a WAG; I can't remember the exact altitude); if the aircraft started back down at that point, passengers would not have really needed supplemental oxygen.  Something's askew with the story...
Four Bars

I think the issue here might be that the crew initiated the descent at the altitude near where an emergency descent would normally end. Continuing to descend below ten thousand at high vertical speeds with an unpressurized cabin would easily cause barotrauma to many...
TundraTire

Could've been similar to this incident:

http://avherald.com/h?article=49158d84&opt=0