I have a question.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=8134.msg22552#msg22552 date=1521922306]
T.C. is the least of my worries and even if one of them were to approach me and try and engage me in any conversation it would be a very short conversation because I would tell him/her to fuck off.
[/quote]
I prefer to be polite, have an answer to all of their questions, and generally try to bore them to death.  That makes them tend to go away for a very long time between visits.

Chuck Ellsworth

[code]I prefer to be polite, have an answer to all of their questions, and generally try to bore them to death.  That makes them tend to go away for a very long time between visits.[/code]

However there is a limit to how much one can take from some of their more bully tactic members.

When that moment comes you can bend over and take it meekly or fight back.

I chose to fight back and it was quite a lesson in how deep the corruption goes in their upper management.

The cost in legal fees can be mind boggling and you had better have good reason to fight back.

In my case it took over three years but I won and my legal costs were covered and I also won a $250,000 settlement for the loss of my business.

But the best part was it forced me to leave Canada to find work and that was the start of my career becoming very rewarding.

Now I do not need to ever be involved with them again and if one of them approaches me I will just tell them to fuck off.

Colonel

It's amusing to read the regulations and figure out what fun stuff
[i]isn't[/i] illegal.  For some reason, this enrages people, which I
find odd.  I mean, they make the rules and I obey them, and
they get angry at me for doing that?

Many people break the rules, and they don't get angry.  I obey
the rules and they spew hatred.

Oh well, they didn't like Bob Hoover, either.  My father says to
take it as a compliment.

Tex Johnston was always in shit, and with all due respect to the
four bars who think they can fly better than Boeing's chief test
pilot, was the best Boeing 7xx pilot ever.

[img width=500 height=394]https://static.seattletimes.com/wp-cont ... 20x804.jpg[/img]
cgzro

Well it seems to me that:

a) the PIC is the one who has to answer to TC, so unless PIC does something obviously in violation of the CARS (or reckless) he can certainly let you sit in the right seat and give advice. Clearly neither he nor you can log it. He also needs to be insurable, current etc. so you could not go with him if he otherwise was not allowed to bring a passenger.  For example he could not do aerobatics with you if he was not already allowed to do aerobatics with a passenger, but after that you could show him all kinds of stuff legally I suppose.

b) you are taking money for consulting, so you are answerable to Revenue Canada. So as long as you properly declare it I don't think they will care.

Chuck Ellsworth

[code]b) you are taking money for consulting, so you are answerable to Revenue Canada. So as long as you properly declare it I don't think they will care. [/code]

That is the only legal consideration there would be, T.C. is not a problem but Revenue Canada sure is and anyone who charges for a service such as this by law must declare it.
mcrit

As long as the consultant is not listed as a crew member and is not logging time they should be good to go.  The one caveat is that I can see this going badly if it were done on a revenue flight in a commercial air service.