Flight jackets.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

Head down to MEC (REI in the states) and find a good jacket that you can use all the time.

Never been a big fan of the Pilot leathers. Sure you look totally cool,  kids from Avcanada will ask for your autograph. They are usually heavy and hard to jam under seats. Also very little protection from the elements in case you find yourself sitting on a sandbar waiting out weather or more than likely today when your flight to West Palm Beach turns into a tour of the North East in January.

David MacRay

Jean jackets are trending a bit again. They need pencil pockets though. Terrible wind breakers too.
BCPilotguy

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=7992.msg22205#msg22205 date=1519690506]
Another Carhartt would be good but I really want the pencil pocket on the sleeve.
[/quote]

Most of the time in the winter I wear the ratty old Carhartt jacket I wear to work. Don't have to feel bad about crawling around under the airplane that way. When it's really cold out I pair that with a pair of heavy wool insulated early 80s/90s era Canadian Army surplus armoured fighting vehicle overalls. The combination of the two makes me look like pure sex. When I arrive in that getup bikini clad women come out of nowhere to help me shovel my airplane out of the snow. It's really quite incredible. 

If I was more well-heeled (or more into cosplay) I would have one of these:
[img]https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/pub/media ... ml_5_1.jpg[/img][font=verdana]

But at over $1000 a pop for a good one it's not quite the thing for crawling around under the wing of a Cherokee fucking around with wing covers at night on a windswept apron in the middle of winter. Maybe when I pick up a Spitfire.

For most of spring, summer, and fall I go with a hoody or a softshell jacket. Simple, practical, comfortable. I really don't put that much thought into it really. [/font]
GoBoy

As someone that has collected original and repro aviation flight gear for 40 years , I can tell you that its not worth buying cheap knock off stuff. In the end you will be unhappy with the cheap crap and buy the better quality items
The best leather flight jackets in the world are made by Eastman Leathers and Goodwear Leather Jackets
Both their prices are expensive but the quality and service is first rate and your jacket will last you entire lifetime .
If you are looking for a sheepskin jacket , stay away from Aviation Leathercraft or What Price Glory , they both make crappy jackets
I agree with the Colonel , the green nylon MA1 jackets are awesome , very lightweight , reversible and cheap , They last a long time and are also very washable.