How Fukd up is this

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

Came across something the other day. Not many pilots are in favour of training bonds and while we as a group opened the door on this shit in the first place there are a group of bottom feeding carriers have reduced it to something on the level of slavery. There are certainly better solutions but something like that takes brains and respect for employees.
  The whole issue has hit bottom. First was the introduction of non reducing bonds. Responsible for full amount up to last day but the lowest of the low has just reared it's ugly head. A "non-competition" clause. Holy fuck!!!! on a 800 hour f/o -- now that is absurdity at the extreme. Guy worked out his bond and is walking across the street for better working conditions and is threatened court action because of a so called non-competition clause in his bond. Now how could anyone want to work for a company with that mentality. I know it would not stand up in court but the idea that someone would play that card is troubling when the bond was worked to the end and honoured. Damn!!!

vanNostrum

Unfortunately whoring one self for career advancement is not unique to aviation
Politics and the art world comes to mind
Liquid Charlie

[quote][size=2][font=Verdana]Unfortunately whoring one self for career advancement is not unique to aviation [/font][font=Verdana]Politics and the art world comes to mind[/font][/size][font=Verdana][/font][/quote]I'm not sure how that relates to my tale but I guess we need to figure out who the fuckee is and also who the fuckor might be. It was pilots who open the door to paying for training in the first place. It's actually almost become an industry standard. Some companies are finally starting to realise there are better options but the "mom and pop" companies not so much. As I echoed before, personally I would never hire a pilot to be a gofer or a grunt. They don't have the aptitude, drive or the common sense for that >:D
vanNostrum

[quote  Now how[b] could anyone[/b] want to work for a company with that mentality.[font=Verdana][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The bond was accepted by this pilot with the non-competition clause[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]He/She accepted abusive conditions of their own volition  [/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]When career '' advancement '' trumps [b]self respect[/b] you are whoring yourself
[/font]

Liquid Charlie

I was speaking in general but specially he worked his bond and had fulfilled his obligation. The clause held no water but the company threatened him anyway. I believe this is wrong or are you saying that clauses are still in effect even after contact fulfilled. Damn do you own that company? haha The person in question delayed leaving until his obligation was fulfilled and gave 6 weeks notice. Seems he is an anomaly by industry standards. It getting pretty bad if one can't even fulfill a training contact without getting shit on! 

mcrit

Where did this happen?