Scuds Tall Tale - Long Drive North

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

New Scuds Tall Tales - Long Drive North

[url=http://frontpage.scudrunners.com/the-long-drive-north/]The Long Drive North - Link[/url]

vanNostrum

Great story :) I enjoyed reading it
Don't know if young pilots this days have that sense of adventure and perseverance

Chuck Ellsworth

Great story Scud!!!  :) :) :)
Rookie Pilot

That is an awesome story.  Make it a chapter in Chucks upcoming Book RIGHT CHUCK?

Look guys. I'm going to write a book about trading experiences, life experiences, missions experiences, and maybe a little bit of flying (since I'm still a bit short of 1000 hours myself)

If I can do it so can you.
Goose

Awesome read.  I've worked a few summers in the Yukon before I got into flying, will definitely be back at some point!
Nark1

That's awesome. 
When were you in Haines Junction area?
I flew around that area in 2010.  I miss the scenery!
ScudRunner-d95

2004 , 2005 , 2006

Was usually up there mid April til mid October. The flying was amazing, got a few more tales I have to write of my time up there. It's funny but usually around June 1st it's like someone threw a switch and you would be slammed with work until mid September and bam nothing.

Very seasonal but winters off to go backpacking was great, I think I was paid pretty fair for the time and experience level.

First year $1500 a month and $15 an hour and you would do 100 hour a month easy. Next year $2000 and $20 third year $2500 and $25

Chuck Ellsworth

You could call it.

How I found true happiness humping blueberry blonds along the Yukon.  >:D
Eric Janson

Spent a couple of weeks in the Yukon flying smoke jumpers in the DC-3. Good times!

Nice story - I really should write one as well.