Foreflight for GA flying

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

Scudrunner wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:10 pm
My brothers operation uses the Garmin Inreach. They use it for tracking and messaging while flying around the NWT, seems like a good system just pair to your Iphone or ipad and text away.
The mini 2 seems like it might be a good upgrade from the strictly receiver units. Pair it with a tablet or phone and you can navigate and message.

My initial reason for looking at the other one is that I could leave the iPad behind if I went wandering around.

The mini 2 has a nice 1983 tandy computer vibe to its built in screen map and it’s $400 Canadian.
https://www.gpscity.com/garmin-inreach- ... -flame-red

Big Pistons Forever

I have been using ForeFlight pro for the last 8 years or so. I have a full size i-pad air and just leave it on my lap or on the side of my seat and have never had a problem in everything from light singles to transport category turbines.

The thing I like the best is it takes a lot of the sweat out of VFR in the mountains on the crap weather days and the own ship overlay on the approach plates

The thing I like the least is VFR route planning on a small screen

I still have a full set of WAC charts that you will need to pry out of my cold dead hands