Federal transport minister blames out-of-practice passengers for airport delays

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news/Na ... _Minister/

Ya I’m going to call fucking bullshit on that one. Maybe only having one guard screening thousands of passengers is the more on point but hey couldn’t possibly blame the Polet Bureau.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Slick Goodlin

That’s rich.

I don’t know if the plural of anecdote is data but the places I’ve been have had the pax cramming through security at a pace I’ve never seen before. I’ve been genuinely impressed by how the travellers don’t need to be told how to get through. Unfortunately T1 at YYZ has domestic as well as non-US international travellers all going through domestic security which is going about as well as it can. Security is clearly understaffed to have to close the international checkpoint. At YUL the crew bypass is closed and I assume that passenger security is also running at decreased capacity.

The other delays I see are either a luggage can loading delay or no ramp crew for push back at departure or guiding us in on arrival. Not sure how the pax can be at fault for any of those.

In general it baffles me as to why Alghabra would put any of this on travellers. Where’s the gain in that?