If you overshoot you lose your pilot certificate

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Trent Palmer

So remember. Don’t miss. Crash and die otherwise you might lose your paper.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
The Dread Pilot Roberts

Are you referring to Trent Palmer getting his licence pulled by the FAA?
Nark

Trent is an awesome aviation advocate.

The FAA really screwed the pooch on this one.

Yet assholes like Jerry Wagner barely escape killing hundreds on the ground, each time he violates all sorts of FAR’s. The FAA has become a cesspool again.

Each FSDO making shit up, that contravenes AC’s, published guides, and interpretations written by the big office in DC.

I hope each one of them has their bags misplaced and sent to Caracas.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

So what reg are they upset about? I know TC has a rule that you’re only allowed a full stop landing or a crash in front of an invited group, is the same thing in the FARs? Is posting a video being regarded the same as inviting a group?
Colonel

I remember some years back COPA expressing serious concern - which was totally ignored - that missed approaches in Canada were illegal with the revised (at the time) wording in the CARs. 602.12 or 602.14, I forget.

IMHO pilots make bad enough decisions, without the regulations additionally requiring them to crash.

The bureaucratic mind is puzzling to me. Do they actually want to kill people, like the Manson family or Jim Jones? Whole lotta anger there.
Slick Goodlin

I never flew in the days of whatever proceeded the CARs but I’ve heard there used to be a firm rule that said in the absence of anything published otherwise, only left turns were permitted within some number of miles of an aerodrome. I think we all know they meant left circuits, but technically if you were 1° off heading to the left on final the only allowable correction was a 359° left turn.
Colonel

I never flew in the days of whatever proceeded the CARs
I sure did. ANO's, Air Regs and PLH. Much simpler days.
only left turns were permitted within some number of miles of an aerodrome.
Don't remember that one. I think I finally threw out my old paper copies of the old regs when I had to leave Canada.

Keep meaning to get around to doing this. I paid $110/yr for it, so ...