That sure looks like fun

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/h ... 235206386/

Now, why didn’t I think of that?

It’s not easy to do something fun in a Cessna.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
digits

Holy baloney!

Are they trying to set a world record of most regulations broken at once? :mrgreen:
Colonel

I wanna see that waiver!!
David MacRay

Is there a Nathan’s famous near there?

I’d love to watch that while eating a good hotdog with an orange aid.
Slick Goodlin

My guess is they’ve worked this down to a fine science and it’s going to go just fine. I wonder what altitude they’ve picked to give up on trying to get in the plane and hit the silk?
Colonel

The best part of this project is that they put boards on a Cessna. Yes, speed brakes.

If I went to someone with money (say, RedBull) and said,

Hey, why don't you give me some money to slow down a Cessna? That would be THRILLING!!

I would be laughed out of the room.

I have always said that Cessnas do one thing well - descend. 60 degrees of flaps on a buck fifty!

Maybe it's just me, but I never found boards to do much at slow speeds (below 200 knots or so).

Everyone lands jets on short grass strips with obstacles, right?
David MacRay

You should get Red Bull to build a replica of the blue ring. Fly through it on video. Post it to YouTube and see how upset it makes your fans at tower G.
Colonel

Not sure I'll ever make it back to Canada, so I'm not sure how much that matters.

Haters can hate. I'm

That's from the 20th Century. So am I.
David MacRay

That’s the point.

You set up the replica blue ring somewhere in Nevada. You get a buddy to help make a fake audio to go with it.

Voice 1 - “ Unknown red aircraft you are in Calgary class C airspace. Identify yourself immediately!”

Voice 2 - maniacal laughing synchronized with actual audio flying through the cardboard blue safety ring.

They think you did it here and the veins pop out of their foreheads.
Colonel

Not sure I will travel to Russia or Canada any time soon.

In addition to TC’s usual shenanigans, your Prime Minister has declared that I am a rascist, misogynistic Nazi and he will not tolerate me and there is no space for me in Canada.

He has men with guns rough up people that disagree with him on policy.

I phoned up CIBC in Canada and asked them if my bank account was seized. Apparently that’s the new normal in Canada. I saw on the news here that the OPP was going to people’s houses and threatening them about their Facebook posts.

Holy fuck. You’ve gone completely bananas. Try as you might, you cannot possibly normalize that horrendous deviance.

Canada, Russia and North Korea are places to avoid.