Cessna Trimount Stud - Alternate part number

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I’m missing a few of these
ADE8AC41-DB5B-4C9F-94B5-2777CE0F0B50.png

They’re for the inspection panels in my floorboards.
Some had screws in them and others just aluminum duct tape. Me being a Proper Pilot&trade who cares about such things I want to make them all uniform looking ocd or something.

I checked the Cessna section of Cambodian Tire but not luck. Maybe it’s my Scottish roots but 1.50 a piece seems a little steep for an glorified tack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
TwinOtterFan

Print them?
Nark

They’re metal which hold tension on each “leg.”

Mine seem to jiggle loose, and each annual lose 3-4. Mash a #10 and bob’s your uncle.

But yes, anything from spruce requires a kidney and first born.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
TwinOtterFan

I figured they were, but plastics and polymers have come a long way, I've seen engine valves and gears made of Nylon,
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Ya I’ll use screws, I like the ease of the popping them out without grabbing the fuel checkers that’s 1.5 feet away. :D

I looked for designs on thing verse to print but not much came up. Heck I’ll scan AliExpress might be able to get thousands from China for the price of 8 on spruce.

Scuds discountCessnapart.com

Catchy eh.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

I know you would prefer chrome but some of these might work pretty good or possibly better.

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Push- ... -s/154.htm

These snap caps are metal.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/paulin ... 1000161924
TwinOtterFan

Scudrunner wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:43 pm
I looked for designs on thing verse to print but not much came up. Heck I’ll scan AliExpress might be able to get thousands from China for the price of 8 on spruce.
grab me some measurements when you get a minute Scud,
TwinOtterFan

was just thinking about this after reading all the taildragger tips above, if you do decide to print them you could make it a sacrificial barbed plug instead, like in a car's trim panel. being plastic it would hold much better and you can just pop them and replace them whenever.
4498028_auto-panel-clip-by-boselaub.png
872912_clip-by-vartur.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slick Goodlin

It’s hard to really imagine the size of it from the picture but that tri-mount stud looks like it belongs in tarp making or some other commercial sewing.
Colonel

Those "pushpins" are used in everything from 200 mph motorcycles to cars to trucks ...

They look like sh1t but work amazingly well. I hate them. Give me a Tinnerman clip
and a machine screw, any day. Or better yet, a row of nut plates.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.