Video: cockpit video of crash.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I don’t know type this is but I believe the “oh shit point it at a field” method is not the best technique to use.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Squaretail

Looks like he has a centre stick, so I’m going to say it’s a Zenair.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
David MacRay

Holy macaroni.

Like my daughter likes to say, “Coming in haut!”
Slick Goodlin

Maybe it’s the camera screwing with perspective but I’d say he was as surprised as me at just how far that airplane went once the prop stopped. I honestly expected him to touch down inside the airport fence, not three fields and a hedgerow further.
Colonel

For that airframe, he had lots of airspeed and energy ... maybe it's just
my lack of imagination, but a left turn might have ended up on the runway
but hopefully not like this:

Yet another fatality at Byron - glider pulled up on takeoff, towplane pilot
did not release and nosed in.

I like that airport. I'm always getting invitations to go play golf with those
guys, but my only clubs are for a left-handed midget (long story) and I just
don't have the street cred to hang with those guys:

That used to be the tail of a king air, flew out of Byron until they ripped that
off, then flew it to Hawaii and all those people died in it after takeoff from the DZ.
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - National Transportation Safety Board investigators said a pilot’s “aggressive” takeoff contributed to a tragic plane crash on Oahu’s North Shore.

The 2019 plane crash in Mokuleia killed all 11 people onboard, which included the pilot and 10 passengers.

The aircraft had burst into flames after it crashed off Dillingham Airfield.

NTSB investigators said the pilot’s handling of the aircraft caused the twin-engine Beech King Air 65-A90 airplane to stall. This caused the pilot to lose control.

Officials said the pilot could not maneuver the plane at a low altitude, which resulted in the plane crash.

The aircraft was operated by the Oahu Parachute Center.

Investigators cited the pilot’s lack of training and experience in flying the plane as one of the causes of the crash.

The report also said that the aircraft was not suitable to fly because the airplane’s left wing was twisted, which was not repaired from an incident that happened three years earlier.
My kid used to jump at that DZ at Oahu. He likes to be by the door. This comes in handy,
sometimes, like when the PT-6 on the Caravan died in the Central Valley, just after takeoff.

The kid was second at the door, so he picked up the guy at the door, threw him out and
then dove out after him. He probably saw something like this:

After they landed, the guy that my kid threw out the door told my kid that his fucking feelings
were hurt by being thrown out of the airplane after it's engine failed.

Fucking Generation Pussy, as Clint Eastwood says. This guy didn't spend all his time, whining
about how his fucking feelings were hurt:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Hasenfus#Capture

Just don't go to a Walmart in his town. Pro Tip.

Hope the four bars are lovin' the pics!
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
David MacRay

<shrug>

Don’t block the exit pal, then you can ride down to the ground in the broken airplane.

Seems obvious.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

A few more shots of the plane in this video, seems to be from the pilot himself

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.