Resumes and the current job market.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Nark

I don’t agree with the esteemed colonel. Everyone needs a chance to vote, whether they make $1 or $1mil.
What they do need to do is research for themselves what is in their best interests when casting the vote. Not what Facebook and the TV tells them too. Or the pollster who knocks on their door.

As far as taxes and government spending, let’s not pretend the government is a wise investor in programs.
$1 million for a single toilet in San Francisco. Thank God I don’t live there otherwise I’d be pissed.

Or how about the $200k+ in research a grant to see if an animatronic marvel superhero could snap is his fingers.
Or USaid being sent to Pakistan for transgender studies.

Or how about this:
https://www.lifenews.com/2021/04/21/sta ... periments/

So yeah, we need to cull the heard a bit when it comes to voting.

Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Squaretail

Personally I don't think its the quality of the people voting that's the problem, its the quality of the selection of people to elect. If you even get to elect them. I mean we got an idiot in power now who wasn't elected, but there are back room deals that let these power hungry turds get in there. I haven't been energized to vote for anyone ever, I only vote against people. Actually that's not true, I did vote in the last mayoral election for that guy who ran on an anti-bicycle platform. That guy had a mission! I digress. Most candidates are in some pocket of corporate interest, the only question is how deep.

In most cases you have to worry about the people that are really motivated to vote for someone. What kool-aid did they drink?

I also heavily disagree with the money=vote idea. As one might guess. But its like the old saying goes, democracy is the worst political system, except for all the others.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
Slick Goodlin

Squaretail wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:06 pm
Personally I don't think its the quality of the people voting that's the problem, its the quality of the selection of people to elect.
I’ve long said head of state is a crap job. One of my goals is to at least one year make more than our PM, except I get to do it in a job where I can set the brake and leave at the end of the day and I won’t have to spend the rest of my life with security following me and my family as we look over our shoulders for the next motivated weirdo who thinks we’re the embodiment of Satan. Eff that.

No wonder the folks who aspire to elected positions are either corrupt or idiots (or both!).
Nark

In my civilian job I make just a shade under what the President makes, let alone the 2-star general who is my bosses boss. (In the National Guard)

Life is a lot easier when you know you can get fired, and you actually get more money and more time off.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
digits

I am curious, what would you consider a fair tqx rate for someone with a 200k income?

27% is already one of the lowest in most developed countries. I think it's the lowest bracket in many European countries. Even in Canada it's nowhere near the top.
Colonel

I remember my friends in Ottawa telling me that they were paying well over 50% marginal tax at a very low income threshold. I guess that deviance has been normalized?

PS us$200k per year gross income isn’t very much. I couldn’t live on that here. The punitive income tax brackets in Canada are insane. Income tax in excess of 55% in Ontario kicked in at a very low income level. Everyone was expected to pay that.

I couldn’t afford to pay that much tax. I moved to a different country. Maybe that makes me a Bad Person, but your ancestors made the same choice - move to a different country when the one you are in gets bad enough.

More Jews should hsve done that in Germany before WWII.

Given that your Prime Minister has called me a misogynist nazi homophobe and told me that there is no place in Canada for me because I disagreed with him on COVID policy (and I was right) leaving Canada would seem to be the prudent move. Like a Jew in Nazi Germany, leaving seems safest.

You know he and Fauci funded the gain of function research lab in Wuhan? And I’m the bad person, and he’s still your PM?
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Colonel

All of Howard Hughes, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro and Elon Musk moved away from my state because of the punitive state income tax

Are they all morons?

Elon Musk is a self-made billionaire with an IQ of around 155-ish. Is he stupid compared to you? Given that he is a Canadian pilot with a muli-engine instrument rating that used to own an L39, he would appear to be one of your peers.
Nark

digits wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:10 am
I am curious, what would you consider a fair tqx rate for someone with a 200k income?

27% is already one of the lowest in most developed countries. I think it's the lowest bracket in many European countries. Even in Canada it's nowhere near the top.
What are you getting for that 27%?

My marginal tax rate if I lived in Canada would be about 52%. More than half of my income would be paid to the government, before I purchased anything, if with I’d pay another 7-12% in sales tax.

How much is a liter of gas? How far does $1 get you?
“Free healthcare” 😂 yeah, free…

If you want to give your income to charity, go right ahead. I just don’t want someone taking money from me and giving it to some bimbo who can’t keep her legs shut, only to have her spend it on Jordan’s and a TV. Then whine she can’t feed her kids.

Reminds me of a joke: Denise names her five sons John.
How does she tell them apart?
She uses their fathers last name.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Elon Musk paid over us eleven billion dollars in income taxes in just 2021. I think it was more taxes than anyone else has ever paid.

Is he paying his “fair share”?

Who else here is even paying a measly one billion dollars per year in income tax? That’s less than 10% of what Elon is paying, and you probably think you’re brighter thsn he is.
Nark

Nark wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:56 pm
digits wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:10 am

What are you getting for that 27%?

My marginal tax rate if I lived in Canada would be about 52%. More than half of my income would be paid to the government, before I purchased anything, of which I’d pay another 7-12% in sales tax.

How much is a liter of gas? How far does $1 get you?
“Free healthcare” 😂 yeah, free…

If you want to give your income to charity, go right ahead. I just don’t want someone taking money from me and giving it to some bimbo who can’t keep her legs shut, only to have her spend it on Jordan’s and a TV. Then whine she can’t feed her kids.

Reminds me of a joke: Denise names her five sons John.
How does she tell them apart?
She uses their fathers last name.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com