Resumes and the current job market.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

You’re preaching to the choir, Squaretail. I’ve probably read a thousand pilot resumes and am glad those days are behind me (as far as I know).

David MacRay

Squaretail wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:08 pm
Slick Goodlin wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 am

There may have been gold in his reject pile but we’ll never know.
Unlikely. Having went through a lot of stacks of resumes, half the resumes will be from people unqualified, sometimes grossly. I appreciate the enthusiasm from new pilots, but if you just started your PPL, then wait a bit before troubling with your pilot resume.

Most jobs are looking to hire sooner than later. FWIW, never post pilot jobs on the government's job bank, because you will be flooded with non pilot resumes because there's a lot of people who throw resumes at all jobs on there to prove they are looking for work while collecting EI.
Well then, the pilot shortage several FTUs kept telling us was imminent in 1989, has not happened yet.

Wait to finish your license indeed. Harumph.

I have over 300 hours, 150 solo and flew an exotic Piper Warrior II across North America by myself.

Let me know when they actually need guys and will pay to finish my CPL.

Oh, and I’m a free agent. NO BONDS!!!
Colonel

Get some cloud paper
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
David MacRay

It does seem potentially luxurious. Over 1000 5 star reviews…

https://cloudpaper.co/
Nark

24 rolls for $34.99

Target Charmin ultra soft 24 rolls $26.49.

You’re literally wiping your ass with.

This is targeted at the same people who are $150k in debt with a degree in gender studies or Russian literature.

PS reminds me of a girl I knew from high school who went on to a masters in Iranian culture. Not to cast stones on useless degree’s (as mine is too as an airline pilot) but I didn’t go in to debt, nor out of pocket to pay for it.

Back to the topic at hand: stand out for the good, not the absurd.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

I seriously ask people: what is a bigger problem for America? Opioids or student loans?
Nark

Self correcting…
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

For the former, ok.

But for the latter … only 40% of us pay taxes. The other 60% expect us to pick up the tab for everyone.

The average non-mortgage debt of millennials is $100k
Nark

I like pointing out “our fair share” of taxes. Top 2% pay something around 70% of taxes collected.

As you said, 60% don’t pay taxes at all.

I’m waiting for the fair share…
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

the top 25 percent of earners paid nearly 89 percent of all income taxes in 2020.

This is the highest share of income taxes paid seen in the tax data available going back to 1980.

Lower income earners carry little of the overall income tax burden, with the bottom 50 percent of earners owing 2.3 percent of the national share.