Closed Edmonton airports on NavCanada site.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I was just browsing METARS & TAFS there was a page to look up airports and it had both Namao and Edmonton City Center. I’m surprised.

I checked on City Center and they didn’t have one for it.

https://flightplanning.navcanada.ca/cgi ... peDoc=html

Doin_Time

The Griffon's still fly in and out of Namao.
W5

There still is an AWOS site at the old YXD. Now called Blatchford, and used by Environment Canada for the public weather in Edmonton.
Slick Goodlin

In Ontario the Terrace Bay airport closed at least 12 years ago and last I checked NavCanada’s site still had it in there somewhere.
David MacRay

I thought they would remove them.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

My last "landing" at YXD about 1 month before it was closed.
yup that is my DC X11 headset, discontinued just like the airport

At least we switched seats for the departure, he got the landing I got the departure.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

Last time I flew to the Muni, we took a cab to Hooters for lunch. Had a dry burger. Switched back to the wings after that. They also closed.
Squaretail

I think I was the second last flight out of the Muni. I went with some friends to specifically see the event. As I recall the museum had planned an event where the 737 (?) was supposed to depart, but it had been able to depart the day before, so it did. It was kind of a sad day. That was at least on the official closing day, I had heard later that a few other airplanes had departed on the days following.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Took a look around on google maps, not sure how current those images are but does't look like much has been developed.

I recall the mayor and people online making these grand promises of what the development would look like.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
W5

https://blatchfordedmonton.ca

The B737 is now wasting away at Villeneuve airport (ZVL)