AVIATION NEWS: Plane lands at Regina International Airport without deploying landing gear

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
News

From Global News – link to source story

By Jonathan Guignard  Global News | January 12, 2021

A private Piper 42 aircraft landed on Regina International Airport’s main runway without deploying its landing gear on Tuesday morning. Adrian Raaber / Global News A small aircraft landed on the main runway of Regina International Airport without deploying its landing gear early Tuesday morning. Jams Bogusz, Regina Airport Authority president and CEO, said it was a private Piper 42 aircraft and that it happened at about 10:30 a.m. He said the pilot was the only person aboard the aircraft and did not suffer any injuries.The pilot of the plane did not suffer any injuries. Adrian Raaber / Global News “On-site firefighters responded immediately. The Transportation Safety Board cleared the plane to be towed away and it was removed from the main runaway just before 1 p.m.,” Bogusz said. Bogusz said it’s unclear what went wrong and that no flights were delayed due to the landing.© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Check out our Aviation and Pilots Forum www.Scudrunners.com

Scudrunner
Site Admin

Ok wtf, I hope I don't ever forget to dangle the dunlops ever but how in the hell does this keep happening?

No horn?
Bad / No SOP (yes even single pilots)

Shit even two crew and all the warning of a modern airplane and solid SOP my eyes glance over at the three little green lights on short final.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

Different people have different priorities.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.