B 727 Aerosucre Dec 2016 Accident Investigation Report

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
vanNostrum

Be interested hearing Charlie's opinion

'' Maricas, boto una llanta huevon''
Not very complementary comment towards the pilots as these guys
run away for their lives after the plane hits the fence and looses part of the landing gear

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20161220-0

There are only 3 kind of people in this world
Those that can add and those that can't
Colonel

I blame the Russian flight instructors

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20070510-1
An Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane was chartered by the Canadian Department of National Defence. It was on an ILS approach to runway 24 at CFB Trenton (YTR). The weather at the time was reported as one half mile in fog, vertical visibility 500 feet, RVR 600 feet, temperature and dew point 12 degrees Celsius and the wind was 210 at 06 knots.

The aircraft struck the airport perimeter fence with the main landing gear and briefly touched down on the left main landing gear approximately 430 feet from the threshold of runway 24. The flight crew aborted the landing and applied engine power. The aircraft climbed to 3000 feet asl and entered a hold at this altitude. After approximately one hour it diverted to the Ottawa/MacDonald-Cartier airport. Ottawa tower was contacted by Trenton and advised of the incoming aircraft and that it had struck the fence on approach. Ottawa tower called out ARFF as a precaution.

The Il-76 flight crew did not declare an emergency. The aircraft landed uneventfully and taxied to the local FBO. ARFF followed the aircraft and assisted the crew in removing the barbed wire that was wrapped around the left main landing gear. After a period of time the aircraft took off from Ottawa and arrived in Trenton where the onboard cargo was offloaded. Examination of the aircraft revealed substantial damage to the underside of the fuselage as a result of the impact with the fence.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Liquid_Charlie

Anything to do with the Russians does not amaze me. It's SOP and get-er-done environment. There is always the customer load plus the crew's load on their freighters when going to anywhere they can access the black market. They get paid shit so subsidising salaries is standard. They seem to react to the minute and don't too far into the future.

I have watched their "loaded" takeoffs and everyone is use to their "Norseman" (just seems to make it) and struggling ove the fence on 10,000 runways.

They still rely on manpower instead of technology, who cares about seats for supplemental crew, lawn chairs are just fine.

They are more getting mission done first and safety later. They use jet engines mounted on the front of trucks to remove snow but don't think about what water damage does to pavement and asphalt. Reducing runways to obstacle coarse and FOD.

The cuboy boots are still prevalent as well as captains who walk on water mentality.
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"