To P model or not to P model...

Flight Training and topics related to getting your licence or ratings.
David MacRay

I have owned a 1970 Nova, poor thing got murdered by my buddies after it started rusting a bit.

Wish I did not sell my 1968 Buick GS factory 4-speed to pay for flying lessons. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

I also like 1955 Chevrolets and 1932 Fords. I guess I should have stayed in school. Both of those are popular enough that they make brand new ones if you can afford them.

Liquid_Charlie

1977 Cj
Damn I spent many years freezing my ass in one of those. It was black and had the V8 AMC 304 ?? and a 3 speed, ironically I sold that engine who had a cj7 with a six banger. He got better fuel economy when he switched to the v8. I then dropped a 350/350hp 4 bolt main with a 4 speed ford "top loader" - lifted and big rubber - I surprised more than one vet with the hole shot -- haha -- nothing like the shake of a cam'd engine and looking to see the vet beside you at the light-- gives me goose bumps. I regret selling it but life moves on -- lol
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Nark

There is no discernible difference in landing a 172 P vs S or R or M or N or an A...
Twinotterfan you get a pass as a student pilot. I commend you for asking questions. Your instructor who is trying to sell something doesn’t get a pass. He’s either naive and hasn’t flown anything other than a 172, or is in cahoots with the owner and is trying to pad his wallet.

Someone stated above, fly what’s available.

Now most importantly: boobs. I fancy myself as an amateur expert on the subject (well, used to be). I will say, fake boobs are exactly like cars (when purchased new). No one has ever stated “that Kia sure is nice!” I have sample cheap fake boobs and ones that are top $$$. There is a noticeable difference in feel and presentation.
Like a new car, you get what you pay for.

Much like a car, upkeep is important too.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
TwinOtterFan

Haha mine has the 4.2L I6 with the T18 tranny. Its a 4 speed but 1st and 2nd are not synced, so its basically a 3 speed. And yes she's pretty cold in the summer.

Thank you for all the input everyone, I think i will stick with the P model, it has more availability as the other students want the "nicer plane" I took up the R model, ya it had nicer seats and the yoke was a little nicer but other than that I didn't really see the big deal, and I found myself looking for the card heat lol.

Now as for boobs, I agree completely, I just recently became the co-owner of a new pair, my spouse just upgraded (for medical reasons) and we did not go cheap. I've been testing them lately they seem to be performing well.
David MacRay

Yeah, I'd rather develop a bad habit of looking for carb heat than get ice one day because I never use it.
mmm that sweet sweet titty milk!
JW Scud

TwinOtterFan wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm
Now as for boobs, I agree completely, I just recently became the co-owner of a new pair, my spouse just upgraded (for medical reasons) and we did not go cheap. I've been testing them lately they seem to be performing well.
Real or fake, they can be wonderful or greatly disappointing. I suggest alternating between the two types(real or fake that is). Looks like you are doing that actually.
Colonel

A friend of mine says he prefers store-bought to home-grown. I was
a bit surprised at first, but after a lot more research I started to agree
with him.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
TwinOtterFan

Colonel wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:56 pm
A friend of mine says he prefers store-bought to home-grown. I was
a bit surprised at first, but after a lot more research I started to agree
with him.
After much more sampling (we actually got married yesterday) I have to agree with your friend, can't cheap out I imagine but they are nice.

Shit almost forgot, I went with the P model. Heading out shortly to practice spins and maybe slips.
Colonel

we actually got married yesterday
Congratulations! As I say to the youngsters here, your first marriage and divorce are special.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
TwinOtterFan

Colonel wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:19 pm
we actually got married yesterday
Congratulations! As I say to the youngsters here, your first marriage and divorce are special.
Haha thank you, but if you recall I just finished 10 years of military service, this is my second one. Who also served and is currently serving for a little longer while I go through flight training.