Before the days of You Tube and Face Book

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid_Charlie

I have always been an amateur techy guy. Never learned too much code and I guess after batch files DOS and lately tinkering with Linux and Android phones I just ry and understand what we use and how the devices work and what they will and won't do. This generation, for the most part, have turned into just users. Turn it on, touch the screen and that is the limit of their interest.

I have maintained a small web site for years and, you guessed it, mostly aviation with some jet boating thrown in. This was the only way to publish to the net at the time and even today it's a little nicer than you tube because you can get away with a lot more when it comes to copyright issues :mrgreen:

I designed the web pages without the "go daddy" crutches and do direct uploads of "my" files. While they may not be as fancy they are mine. I have tried to give some background to my aviation history and my next project is to try and add "the early" days. Unfortunately cameras, for me, back then was not a priority. I regret that now but it is what it is.

Interested?? http://www.blackair.ca

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Chuck Ellsworth

Interesting career L.C.

Looks like I started ten years before you and you sure as hell got to fly a lot more different airplanes than I did.

I guess in a lot of ways what one fly's depends on circumstances which we have little control over.

I have been retired now for fifteen years and wish I had retired sooner and spent more time at home, but it is what it is.

I will be eighty five in October and I am in excellent health so I am planning on living to a hundred and something.

Hopefully by that time my homebuilt project will be ready to fly. :mrgreen:
Colonel

Cool! Here is my contribution to your website:

Two deplorables in a Skater cat.

We are clearly observing the posted 10 kph speed limit sign as it whips
by on the right hand side. Any perception of speed is clearly an illusion
created by drift, parallax and coriolis, according to the fried chicken guy
who really knows his chicken fried chicken:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis–Stokes_force

In fluid dynamics, the Coriolis–Stokes force is a forcing of the mean flow in a rotating fluid due to interaction of the Coriolis effect and wave-induced Stokes drift. This force acts on water independently of the wind stress.

This force is named after Gaspard-Gustave Coriolis and George Gabriel Stokes, two nineteenth-century scientists. Important initial studies into the effects of the Earth's rotation on the wave motion – and the resulting forcing effects on the mean ocean circulation – were done by Ursell & Deacon (1950), Hasselmann (1970) and Pollard (1970).
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Liquid_Charlie

looks like the Rideau River to me :mrgreen:
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"