Career Limiting Move - B2 Bomber at Diego Garcia

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Thanks to the idiot who leaked this video. Looks like a nice beach, would love to visit.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

Unless they intentionally leaked it to show China it is indeed stealth.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

ooooh cmon they wouldn't do that now would they? :mrgreen:
David MacRay

I would.

Depending how well it can hide..

Every once in a while squawk ident, then turn the transponder back off and drop some chaff and flares just before disappearing again.
JW Scud

Is there really anything to learn from that video that is not already known.

The USAF makes me laugh sometimes. I remember being at an airshow somewhere many years ago with a stealth fighter at the show. When it was taxiing out, some air force security guy is running around trying to keep people from taking pictures of its aft end. Well, why did you bring it to a show then. And if you were ordered by politicians, park it somewhere else or tow it over somewhere or whatever.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Think it was 89 or 90 the first year the F117 was at Oshkosh. Had 4 dudes with M16 guarding it like im going to pull a Clint Eastwood and steal the thing and take it to Russia
David MacRay

I think there were only 2 soldiers with M-16s with it at Namao around the same time.
Nark

So there I was... Operation Northern Lightning. The first Air National Guard unit to field the F35 put on a display for dignitaries. I was assigned as one of the schmucks to fly them to the bombing range to see a strafing run. The other helicopter pilot pulled out his phone to take pictures of a min interval takeoff of all the jets. Pretty fucking cool, and I had a raging freedom binder to be proud of.
Well, as you can expect, on of the Air Force security force pimple face kid comes over as says “you can’t take pictures!” Well, okay then.

Here is the video of the exercise...
[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

Looks like a great event.

Every time I see T-38s I wonder why Canada grounded all the F-5s. I think on AvCanada once someone wrote there was a warehouse with quite a large number of them hanging in it somewhere.