My new project has started.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

After several years of not having enough time to build a Thatcher CX5 I have finally decided to start cutting metal and build it.

I have the plans and several thousand dollars worth of materials already bought and in my garage plus I have built the table that is part of the plans from Thatcher.

So it will be interesting to see how long it takes to finish it.

By making this new post it will give me more reason to keep it going until I finish it.

I will be eighty five on Oct. 19 and it will be interesting to see how many parts I get done by that date.

Tomorrow or the next day I will post a picture of my Garage / Workshop so all you guys can see where I am building it, fortunately I have lots of parking space outside for the car.

David MacRay

Nice!

Did iflyforpie ever finish the cub?
Chuck Ellsworth

Did iflyforpie ever finish the cub?
Actually I have not talked to him for quite some time.

Last time we talked he was almost finished.

I will get in touch with him and find out how it is going.
David MacRay

Maybe we could cover our faces and go fly it over to meet up with John Swallow and his buddies while they drink coffee.

I can take one of my wife's vehicles, then I won't care if it gets keyed for having Alberta plates. :P
David MacRay

Speaking of John, I just read the article about the Thatcher CX5 prototype he posted in your other thread. That plane looks really amazing.