Cherokee Spar AD Updated

Topics related to keeping your plane Airworthy and Resources such as manuals and Pilot Operating Handbooks
Colonel

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... -airplanes
The FAA is proposing fine tuning a massive proposed AD on Piper Cherokee wing spars and removing more than a third of the aircraft originally covered.

It’s also added a few models but the net reduction is 8,800 airframes from the original list of more than 20,000.

The five aircraft removed from the list are the PA-28-140, PA-28-150, PA-28-160, PA-28-161 and PA-28-180.

The models added include the PA-32R-300, PA-32RT-300 and PA-32RT-300T.
Someone has obviously been doing some pretty fierce lobbying.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Nark

Yeah.... every single flight school.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Not sure the new AD lets them off the hook.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Slick Goodlin

Could have sworn I wrote something for this. Oh well, here goes again...

A friend of my dad’s had about the nicest Cherokee you’ll ever find and I just started flying it on the side when he sold it. A couple weeks later the school in the States had one lose a wing and all this AD business began. Good timing on that one. In spite of five or so years of maintenance, hangarage, insurance, gas and an engine change it didn’t really need he still managed to have his total cost of ownership somehow in the negative. I think it had a shade under 600 hours TT when I ferried it across the border to its new owner.

If this guy ever has his proctologist remove the horse shoes I might ask for them.