The coronavirus debacle.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

The more we learn about coronavirus the more apparent it becomes the bureaucrats really fucked up this time.

The heavy handed rules they have put in place if not lifted will cripple the worlds economy's to the point the damage will far outweigh the effects of the virus.

Eric Janson

There is another side to this - What if the Politicians had done nothing, the hospital ICUs became overwhelmed and a lot of people died?

What would everyone be saying then? That still may happen - this is far from over imho.

Easy to make these statements in hindsight imho.

This is an unknown virus - it does mutate. Is there going to be a second wave?

The poor advice from the WHO didn't help - I can't fault people for being overly cautious when dealing with the Unknown.

The World Economy will collapse at some point - no matter what. There's a Quadrillion Dollars of unfunded liability out there (about 15 times Global GDP). This virus may have sped up the inevitable.
Colonel

Wow. Just fucking wow.
Easy to make these statements in hindsight imho
Easy to forget what I said - during it. You disagreed. You were wrong.

You took a run at me when I called BULLSHIT on this at the start:
Saddens me how otherwise intelligent people fail to realise how serious this is.
This is the yearly fucking flu, Princesses. Put down your colouring books
and your crayons. Time to leave your safe spaces.

How about that mortality rate on the USS Roosevelt? The cruise ship data
was "invalid" for some reason I never understood.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
mcrit

Eric Janson wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:01 am
The World Economy will collapse at some point - no matter what. There's a Quadrillion Dollars of unfunded liability out there (about 15 times Global GDP). This virus may have sped up the inevitable.
I wonder if that isn't the end-state the real powers-behind-the-current are aiming for. That collapse would reduce everyone in the world, except the Bill Gates/George Soros level of elites, to abject poverty. It would take us right back to feudalism where the new nobility would be the Zuckerbergs and Clintons of the world.
Colonel

I'm more concerned with the disappearance of the middle class -
we end up with "haves" and "have-nots".

This is not good. A country where 99% of the wealth is held by 1% of
the people, and the other 99% of the people are poor, is dysfunctional
unless you're in the top 1% (the Elites) of course.

Like a cult, there's nothing wrong if you're the guy at the top.
Eric Janson

Colonel wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:33 pm
Wow. Just fucking wow.
Easy to make these statements in hindsight imho
Easy to forget what I said - during it. You disagreed. You were wrong.

You took a run at me when I called BULLSHIT on this at the start:
Saddens me how otherwise intelligent people fail to realise how serious this is.
This is the yearly fucking flu, Princesses. Put down your colouring books
and your crayons. Time to leave your safe spaces.

How about that mortality rate on the USS Roosevelt? The cruise ship data
was "invalid" for some reason I never understood.
I disagreed with your point of view - not sure how that equates to "taking a run" at you. It's nothing personal.

I don't agree that this is "the yearly fucking flu" - even the WHO disagrees with you.

This is far from over imho.

I'm sitting at home in quarantine while I'm typing this. Hopefully I can get back to work next week.
Colonel

the WHO disagrees with you
Glad to hear that. They are a bunch of corrupt liars.
It's nothing personal
Must be my "cognitive dissonance", which you said I suffer from. Waiting to hear from 4900 Yonge St.
Colonel

More "Cognitive Dissonance"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bro ... oronavirus
A Brooklyn man was arrested Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman just 10 days after he was released from Rikers Island over concerns about the spread of the coronavirus behind bars
Bet you won't hear about that from the CBC.
Chuck Ellsworth

I stand by my original statement.
The heavy handed rules they have put in place if not lifted will cripple the worlds economy's to the point the damage will far outweigh the effects of the virus.
And I agree with the Colonel about the WHO, like all big bureaucracies it is bloated with overpaid morons who are only looking after their own self interests.

One tenth of one percent of the population are killed by the virus.

The economic cost will affect one hundred percent of the population.
Colonel

It's important to remember that over 95% of the deaths attributed to this yearly flu,
(in a pitiful attempt to lie and pump up the numerator) suffered from serious underlying
illnesses and would have died in the next year anyways.

Every year, the seasonal flu comes along and kills the really old and really sick. This
might be sad, but it's nothing new.

It might be fashionable to kill the world's economy so we can slightly prolong the lives
of the terminally ill, but it's strange that people have just noticed that we have a yearly
flu. You know. Every year. That kills hundreds of thousands of really sick and old people.

Some years, more people die from the yearly flu. Some years, fewer people die from
the yearly flu.

Jesus Christ, it's like everyone was born yesterday. You have to be awfully stupid to buy
into the crap where they pump up the numerator, and try to cut down the denominator,
in a pitiful attempt to make this stupid fucking yearly flu more dangerous than it really
is, so they can seize power.

That's what this is all about. Power. This has nothing to do with science, or even
medicine.