The coronavirus debacle.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

During my almost three year legal battle with Transport Canada the most amazing thing I found out was the higher I went up the chain of command in the Government the more morally corrupt and arrogant about their power they became.

Just to prove my point I made it a habit to refer to the DGCA Civil Aviation as the moral degenerate and rather than by his real name, and also invited him to meet me in court to defend himself.

He never did so it stands, he was a moral degenerate.

David MacRay

Colonel wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:28 am
Harry Ford tried to Shelter-In-Plane this week, but it didn't work out.
I hope he gets better soon.
Colonel

He's going to be ok. We're waiting on the prognosis from the FSDO on
his pilot certificate after the runway incursion.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
mcrit

Chuck Ellsworth wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:13 pm
During my almost three year legal battle with Transport Canada the most amazing thing I found out was the higher I went up the chain of command in the Government the more morally corrupt and arrogant about their power they became.

Just to prove my point I made it a habit to refer to the DGCA Civil Aviation as the moral degenerate and rather than by his real name, and also invited him to meet me in court to defend himself.

He never did so it stands, he was a moral degenerate.
Chuck, I owe you an apology. Years ago, when we first ran across each other on the other site and you said stuff like this I'd argue with you, vigorously, over it because it was so difficult to believe and it was so different from the experiences I had had with the lower echelons of TC.

Since that time I have been given, (not by choice), a prolonged and decently close-up view of how people near the top of the bureaucracy think and act. I will preface the following observations with the warning that I do not want to tar every civil servant with the same brush. The majority of people in the civil service really do want to to a good job. However, the tendency towards the sorts of behaviour you described increases sharply in the higher ranks of the cIvil service.
mcrit

Colonel wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:44 pm

If your BMI is over 30, hide away until

1) you die
2) you test for the antibodies (ie you're over it)
3) a cure is developed

Fuck.....better go get my will in order. When I die I'm having my schlong removed and stuffed so I can leave it to the person who got the most joy out of it. On an unrelated note, do you have your x-wife's address? ;)
Colonel

Pro Tip: write a succinct yet zesty obituary for yourself ahead of time - see other
discussions here.

Do you still have the manual for your big screen TV? My kid took up base jumping
the other day, I asked him that. He has a pretty nice TV.
do you have your x-wife's address?
which one?

And now for something completely different:

Colonel

Ok. Does anyone know a single person that died from Coronavirus? I don't.

Guy died at the airport today. Towplane. Eric watched it crash. You guys all giving up flying?

https://eastcountytoday.net/byron-1-dea ... n-airport/

Rationally, you should. But this isn't rational, is it? Talk to me about Russia Collusion.
Chuck Ellsworth

Ok. Does anyone know a single person that died from Coronavirus? I don't.
No, but I'll bet for every person who has had coronavirus there are a thousand who have had gonorrhea.

How come there is no big news coverage of that?

For sure social distancing would prevent the transmission of gonorrea.
JW Scud

mcrit wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:46 pm
When I die I'm having my schlong removed and stuffed so I can leave it to the person who got the most joy out of it.
You should will it to yourself then. Or have it pickled and put on display in a museum like Rasputin's supposedly was. Or frozen and kept in the same location as Ted Williams for a possible future transplant. Or create a foundation with enough money that an aerobatic team of six Pitts in formation could do airshows across the country drawing images of it in the sky for adoring crowds on the beach. The pilots could wear pink outfits with slightly purplish bonedomes and sexy girls would be handing out flyers to the fans.

The team would be called the Phallic Phormation Phlyers.