The coronavirus debacle.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Moment Of Irony:

The Left aren't very liberal (small ell). They are actually authoritarian
fascists that want to seize power. Naturally, this is what they always
accuse other people of, because that's what the Left do: horrible
things, then try to smear the other side for what they did.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Colonel

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... -the-proof
As a matter of public health, we can say conclusively the lockdowns were not necessary. In fact, we can prove that. And here's the most powerful evidence: States that never locked down at all -- states where people were allowed to live like Americans and not cower indoors alone -- in the end turned out no worse than states that had mandatory quarantines. The state you probably live in.

The states that locked down at first but were quick to reopen have not seen explosions of coronavirus cases. All of this is the opposite of what they said would happen with great confidence.
You were fed lies. And it was all believed, and incredibly, still believed.
Rioting is not a health risk as long as it helps the Democratic Party's prospects in the November election.

Rioting will not spread the coronavirus.
We have a new false narrative this week, folks!

Get with the program, and forget about last week's false narrative. Try to be more fashionable.
John Swallow

I don't know... I'd still be cautious about going 'oot and aboot'; the nasty little beast is still around and could still present a big problem. However, as noted in the article (link below), although the steadily rising number of cases has sparked a debate over whether and how states should reopen, one expert stated:

“Some will say if case numbers are up, why reopen?… But we have to reopen,” Dr. David Rubin, MSCE, director of PolicyLab at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, which has been modeling the spread of COVID-19, told Healthline in late May. “The discussion is how well you can contain transmission as you reopen.”

You folks stay safe and be wary about where you go and with whom you mingle. People are still getting sick...

Link:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... s-reopened
JW Scud

Time to open up. The lefties want to destroy the economy in order to implement their agenda.

Remember how they used to say Flatten The Curve. Then it became Stop The Spread.
Colonel

We need to move on from last week's completely false narrative
to this week's completely false narrative.

This isn't about science, or medicine, or data, or facts. This is all about
politics and fashion, so get with it!
Chuck Ellsworth

Saw an interesting situation a couple of days ago.

I went to a local hardware store to buy something and when I got there there was a long line of people doing the social distancing thing down the sidewalk.

However there was a steady wind of around ten miles an hour blowing right down the line of people.

What are the rules on a situation such as that?

I got to thinking what if the first guy in line has covid19 and is really infectious how far down the line will it be contactable ?

Anyhow I decided not to get in the line.
Colonel

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tucker ... forgivable
emails between Democratic Mayor John Cooper’s office and the city's health department “that discussed the fact that only a very low number cases have been traced to bars and restaurants in the city.”

A Nashville Health Department official reviewed the numbers and wrote an email to the mayor’s officer last summer that said, “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?" “Correct, not for public consumption,” a senior adviser in the mayor’s office replied.

the "restrictions and terrible policies" by politicians like Mayor Cooper "are causing far more harm to this country and its population than the virus itself is causing.”
Chuck Ellsworth

Well it seems that the powers to be have decided that for those under 70 with no underlying diseases such as breathing problems etc. the chance of dying from Covid 19 is under 1% according the the C.D.C.

So hundreds of thousands of people have been put into poverty and hundreds of thousands of businesses have been destroyed....

For what purpose????
Colonel

a CDC update that showed people:

aged 0 to 19 years have a 99.997% chance of surviving the virus,
aged 20 to 49 years have a 99.98% chance,
aged 50 to 69 years have a 99.5% change,
people 70 and older have a 94.6% chance.

If you're healthy, it's not a problem. My mother-in-law is 88 years old
and this virus didn't bother her at all.

Try to be as strong as an 88 year old, people. I think everyone can agree
that I was right when I called BULLSHIT on this virus killing 4 percent of the
world's population.
JW Scud

The train must get out on time.