The time has come.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

Good day folks the time has come for me to quit posting on Avcanada because it no longer possible to have any discussion over there without it turning into a goat fuck of people with nothing better to do than demean anything one says regardless of the topic.

So I will be spending a lot more time here where the members of the forum are normal people who just like to communicate with each other and enjoy the experience.

Hey Colonel are you going to start another name over there to see how long it takes to get banned?  ;D ;D

Nark1

My name is Chris, and I’ve been Avcanada free for about 3 years now. 

Without a political/misc area, I had no reason to keep up with the Kardasians in Gods Lake Narrows, or what the latest Air Canada capers are. 

Welcome to the chaos, where we welcome it with open arms. 

Actually, we’re pretty civil and polite here. 
Colonel

We're not very politically correct, but the nice thing here is that you can be
honest without the guardians of pretend outrage deleting you.  On occasion,
we might even discuss some interesting flying stuff from time to time  :))

"right rudder ... Right Rudder .... RIGHT RUDDER!!!"
Liquid Charlie

The problem is too many virgins over there. Never been fucked but still think they know it all. Like the stupid discussion on PPC required for a ferry flight which to me is non revenue and a PPC is not required by TC

And the disrespect when you challenge them - haha, one can't help but kick the hornet's nest from time to time. Hit my dbl clutching boots on. Some guy over there actual thinks being a pilot is the hardest profession in the world. I always thought we became pilots because it was easy. Little work and done challenges but difficult - no
David MacRay

I don't mind it over there. I certainly like to be able to talk about other junk and find out about fun stuff in hot air. Cletus McFarland for example.

The ads there crash my iPad and if I go on with Mozilla it lights up with warnings about their lack of security every time I go to enter my password. I think it might just be because it's http instead of https. Same as it is here. Maybe I'll check next time I blow the dust off my laptop and fire it up.

There are a few good folks over there that seem too timid to wander in here, so add in some extra sky gods, they get more volume.
Trey Kule

Beef. Someone told me about an app..AdGuard pro.  It completely eliminates ads on Avcanada, and does a very good job of lots of other sites.i think I paid something for it,  but totally worth it.

I feel both sites have their merits.  And their warts.  Such is the price for internet social interaction.
This site seems to attract the more experienced older types who have learned not to take themselves to seriously,
And is a bit right wing and conservative, which would not appeal to many under 30s....the Greta generation.

I grew up in an aviation family, and relate to writings of Mr. Swallow.  Worth it justto read about his adventures
David MacRay

He's nice. Took me for a ride in his yella airplane.

It's probably better, the ads keep me from loitering too much.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote] Some guy over there actual thinks being a pilot is the hardest profession in the world. I always thought we became pilots because it was easy. Little work and done challenges but difficult - no
[/quote]

There is the danger factor to contend with though.

With such a low bar for entrance into the 705 world of flying my concern is even with two pilots to fly the thing how safe will we be after the older experienced people are gone?
digits

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=10241.msg29480#msg29480 date=1575403510]
Good day folks the time has come for me to quit posting on Avcanada
[/quote]

Hey Chuck, I think your account on AvCanada got hacked. One day after this post someone started posting on AvCanada again in your name. Better go check that out!

Chuck Ellsworth

No my account has not been hacked digits, I will still make posts in threads I have going like the thread this gem came from.

[quote]A friend of mine is a professional Zamboni driver. Never had any formal education. Drove Zambonis for 50 years. Back in the day when you basically had to spray the ice with a water bottle. Those were the days. He tried the trucking route. Wasn't for him. Never had an accident in his 50 years! Not once! He did it all, resurfaced ice on movie sets, resurfaced ice in Europe. He made good money doing it. He also trained other Zamboni drivers. Actually he wants to teach people how to drive Zambonis, but he has been trying to put his Zamboni together for years now and his Zamboni teaching license has expired.[/quote]