Yup Dumbing down

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

Ok now piper and garmin are getting into the emergency auto land. Fuck me, not only cars but now aircraft are truly getting into dumbing down of piloting skills to the point it will become like our roads with the unskilled pilots will be the norm. The trend is towards being users with no understanding being more worried about how you connect your phone and listen to tunes than the thrill of the trip.
I still think all pilots should start their flying in a nordo, conventional gear aircraft. Damn! The only issue is finding an instructor -  >:D

Colonel

21st Century pilots are button-pushers.  Literally.
mcrit

[quote author=Liquid Charlie link=topic=10159.msg29207#msg29207 date=1572618209]
I still think all pilots should start their flying in a nordo, conventional gear aircraft. Damn! The only issue is finding an instructor -  >:D
[/quote]

Was having a discussion with one of our tyro pilots the other day.  Talking about NORDO.  She didn't believe us that there were NORDO aircraft out there.  Her exact words, "I've never heard a NORDO aircraft on the air."  Not sure which emoji to follow up with, either  :D  or  ???
Colonel

[quote]"I've never heard a NORDO aircraft on the air."[/quote]

Too funny.  You can show them what one looks like.

[img width=500 height=297][/img]

If they think that's dangerous, tell them it shares an uncontrolled
airport with L39's doing 400 knots at the surface.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I’m going to teach the wife this summer the basics of how to find and hit the big long piece of pavement and how to work the radios just in case.

Maybe im just dumb but after reading all the reports of healthy people dropping dead from the perfectly safe Fauci Ouchy that I was required to voluntarily get or lose my job I would like to think the kids would like live on or have a fighting chance.

One day I’ll get a Mirage or something fancy but until then the family is going to have to be a substitute for HAL2000
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

Wise choice.

PS Don't research glucose uptake.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.