Flight Training in Canada Sucks

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

They are the most ignorant self serving thugs in society and think they can bully you at their will.

But the truth is they can be stood up to.

When I had my flight school got so fed up with their arrogance that one day a T.C. helicopter landed on my school property and three of them walked into my school and announced they were from Ottawa and were going to do an inspection of my school.

I told them they were not invited and were trespassing and to get back in their helicopter and get off my property.

They went ballistic so I phoned the RCMP and when the RCMP showed up I told them that these people were on my property without my permission and I wanted them removed.

They ended up getting back in their helicopter and headed back to where ever they came from.

I then phoned my M.P. and laid a complaint of unnecessary harassment against the T.C. inspectors and never heard from them again.

They are parasites and who wants parasites around.

Colonel

Having Examiners paid off by the school is insane.

Can you say, "Conflict Of Interest"?  I knew you could.

An Examiner CANNOT have any relationship with a flight school that he
is testing students from.  This is obvious to anyone with a three digit IQ.
Colonel

If a forensic accountant found ANY evidence of ANY payoff of any kind from a school
to an examiner, the examiner should lose their privileges and get charged with criminal
fraud.

But that assumes that people in Canada gave a shit about corruption.

Hey, you hear Butt Boy is back with Hairdo Dolly?
John Swallow

There is no reason to change the marking system. 

The problem is not with the marking system.

The problem is with the testing examiners.

They are passing candidates who, in reality, are not at the standard required.  (Probably to do with economic pressures)

Unless the examiners are told to do their G.D. job, the off-shore, below-standard candidates will still go back to their home country, but with "higher grades"...