Safety Pilot

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Can someone ask BPF when I'm going to get back my laptop and phone?

Thanks.  It's been 3.5 years.  I'm patient, and I know TC works slowly, but
this is getting ridiculous.

Eric Janson

You didn't file a lawsuit? From what you've posted it seems you'd have a good case.
JW Scud

Why didn’t you tell the TC guy to get lost when he demanded your computer and cellphone.

Maybe it was just some crook on the street pretending to have authority.

I see a guy in the US was arrested the other day for impersonating a cop. Pulled over a car with an off-duty police officer inside.
Colonel

I don't mean to be difficult, but why can't TC just buy stuff they want, like everyone else?
Eric Janson

This is simple THEFT - very easy to prove from what you have written.

Colonel

No one cares.  The government does bad shit, all the time.
Chuck Ellsworth

Suing T.C. is very, very, money and time consuming and even if you win you will probably never get reimbursed for your time and costs.

It took me three and a half years to get my law suit against them finished.

I won my case and was awarded $250,000.

So far I have received zero from this corrupt Government.

But I would do it all over again if I had to because it proved just how corrupt these maggots are.

Lets see if B.P.F. will respond.

John Swallow

In a recent TATC hearing in which I acted a an "expert witness" for the 'accused', the member found that the Minister had not proven his case.  The Minister appealed. 

After several months, the Minister withdrew the appeal.

One of the problems with our present system is that the local 'authorities' (Enforcement et al) can lay charges with impunity because they don't have any 'skin' in the game.

Yes, the 'accused' can appeal to the Tribunal and plead his case; but even if he/she wins, they're out a hockey sock full of money.

Knowing this fact, I think many people opt to pay the fine rather than incur real loss just to prove they're right.

If the TATC finds for the appellant and the charge is shown to be vexatious, there should be monetary repercussions on those who laid and supported the charge in the first instance.  A few hits in the pocket book would force TC inspectors to be a bit more circumspect about what charges to pursue...

Sure, there are scofflaws and law-flouters on whom the mighty hammer of justice should fall, but to pursue a case on shaky grounds - or complete lack thereof - should result in 'whacked PPs' on those who do.

Colonel

I wish.  "No Accountability" might as well be the motto of the government.
Eric Janson

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=9834.msg28282#msg28282 date=1563029186]
I wish.  "No Accountability" might as well be the motto of the government.
[/quote]

That applies in any organisation when you get high enough up the ladder imho.

Having powerful friends helps as well - look at Jeffrey Epstein.