Two days in Asia - 5 aircraft damaged

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Eric Janson

https://onemileatatime.com/indian-airli ... incidents/

They write off a few aircraft every year during the Monsoon.

Having flown there - it's not easy flying. I have been in rain so heavy that we couldn't see the runway at 200' - twice!

Experience levels in India are very low and it doesn't help that there is a huge issue with fake licences.

John Swallow

Had a friend who spent many years there flying fixed- and rotary wing aircraft.  Said the bureaucracy is a thing to behold...
Colonel

Not sure how all these happened.

I’m sure all the pilot’s paperwork was in order,
so this is impossible.

#fakenews
David MacRay

Boeings? There are some trolls at another site telling everyone how crappy they are. It's mildly amusing. Unfourtunately the public is pretty gullible..

How much are these fake licenses? I'm kind if interested in possibly getting a flying job without the work of having to be a decent pilot. Then if I really like it maybe I'll save up and covert to a Canuck CPL or something.
Eric Janson

[quote author=John Swallow link=topic=9833.msg28237#msg28237 date=1562593743]
Had a friend who spent many years there flying fixed- and rotary wing aircraft.  Said the bureaucracy is a thing to behold...
[/quote]

Yes - they took the British system they inherited at Independence and took things to a whole new level.

Arriving in Mumbai it was always interesting to see the looks on the faces of the Immigration Officers when we submitted the paperwork to get stamped. It was like they had never seen these papers before. It was a daily flight - and their paperwork!

In Delhi we had to sign a book - crew name/crew ID/Signature. On exiting we had to sign a different book. I always wondered whether they have people checking these books to see if the entries match. Probably collecting dust in a warehouse!

2 completely different procedures in 2 cities in the same country.

They have the book in Lagos too!