Bombardier sells CRJ regional jet program to Mitsubishi for $550M

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

[url=https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombar ... _r0RQCseOo]https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombar ... _r0RQCseOo[/url]

A company that only functioned because of government handouts
paid for by you the tax payers of Canada. If this company was headquartered in any other province
it would have been taken out back of the barn and shot long ago for their bungling and mismanagement.

The family and the managers who drove this company straight into the ground
will now collect huge bonuses while sadly good hard working and honest employees will be caught up in this mess, I wish them well.

David MacRay

Well, might as well just go back a century and build those funny snow tractors.  :(
ScudRunner-d95

Im curious as to what the fates hold for Learjet.

In my stupid mined I would have used the prominence of the Learjet name to brand all such business aircraft. Everyone when I say I fly business jets they reply "Oh Learjets cool!" No I like to stand and piss.

Learjet
    - Global
    - Challenger
    - Learjet (working title)
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=9812.msg28174#msg28174 date=1561738197]
I would have used the prominence of the Learjet name to brand all such business aircraft. Everyone when I say I fly business jets they reply "Oh Learjets cool!" No I like to stand and piss.
[/quote]
I think you answered it yourself.  Imagine having ten billion dollars and telling your friends you’re going somewhere in a Learjet.